Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i just got my mgw shifter, feels great. my gears are sitting next to me and they only charge me 200 for instalation. but my question is about intake p&p, does anyone know an average price for this? and i know this has been asked before but couldnt find it, 275 tires fit on a 8in rim right?

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
i think its about $300.

go on SVTPerformance.com join up, go on the members list, and find MAZMAN the guy pioneered NA 99/01 cobra power has done so many intake and head ports its not even funny. he's the ****. send him you TB, and upper/lower manifold to be ported and theres 20RWHP, and tons more throttle response.

great mod.

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
i think its about $300.

go on SVTPerformance.com join up, go on the members list, and find MAZMAN the guy pioneered NA 99/01 cobra power has done so many intake and head ports its not even funny. he's the ****. send him you TB, and upper/lower manifold to be ported and theres 20RWHP, and tons more throttle response.

great mod.
It's NAZMAN not with an M. He's based out of San Antonio.

·
Registered
407 Posts
okay i just got my mgw shifter, feels great. my gears are sitting next to me and they only charge me 200 for instalation. but my question is about intake p&p, does anyone know an average price for this? and i know this has been asked before but couldnt find it, 275 tires fit on a 8in rim right?
at my local performance shop the guy told me 300 $ for labor ( gear install) that includes the install kit and bearing kit... am i getting Ripped off or would the bearing kit make it a lil more?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
300 is the average price. whats better a c & l or JLT i read the article. but from experincing the two which one would you choose?

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
NAZMAN quoted me $500 for a ported intake, and $500 per head.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
jlt ftw thats what im going with on mine.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
JLT and pretty much everyone on this site will tell you JLT

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
a have another question, do the steeda gt pullies fit a cobra, the only reason im asking is because the bbk fit both cobra and gt

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
a have another question, do the steeda gt pullies fit a cobra, the only reason im asking is because the bbk fit both cobra and gt
yes, but you need to be sure that its the right year range, 99-00.5 uses a different WP pulley

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so mine is a 99 it would fit 96-01.5

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Note: Midway through the production run for the 2001 model year Ford changed the design of the water pump on the 4.6L engine. The older style pump produced from 1996 to mid 2001 had a longer shaft. In January of 2001 the design of the pump was changed to a shorter shaft. This necessitated a change in the design of the pump pulley.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well im getting some new steeda pullies for 100 bucks but their for a 1996 to 2001.5, so i just wanted to make sure. thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
yeah you were right. I order UDP for my car from american muscle and they sent me the wrong ones, they wound up sending me the ones for the early 2000 and mine was a late 2000, or visa versa. Either way i'm pretty sure you were right about the water pump change.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
just got done putting the pulleys on, dont feell any difference? is it because i dont have any other mods that would go with it?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts