Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was getting my bottom end put together the other night and plastigaged the rods and mains on my engine. It came out to be .002" for the rods on all 8 which seems to be good. And the mains were at .003". Is this too loose for main bearings? I am using king bearings for both main and rods. If its too loose does anyone sell main bearings that will allow tighter tollerances? Bearings are .010 over. Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man. I'll check around summit. I think I found somewhere on the net that king bearings has an extra .001" clearance for extra oil in their bearings. That is probably what is setting them out of spec.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
those clearances are good, that where you should be at. anymore than that, then you could have issues. be sure to check end play of the crank as well (front to back movement).

·
Registered
328 Posts
the king race bearings are pretty tough bearings, speed pro, clevite, federal mogul all make great race bearings.. For any kind of peformance build i would definitaly reccomend race bearings.. ans those clearences are right within spec, i think the given spec is .002-.003.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
More info on what you are doing here and what tool you are using to do this please.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.