Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so between the snow and my new job im goin to have around 400 bucks plus i have my birthday in a week any ideas on how to spend it ? i know gears but any other stuff ? upper lower intake maybe? idk

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
nitrous

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well ok my car is prolly one of the best shaped 5.0s ive seen dont meen to brag but the odo reeds 147 000 shh dont tell lol will it hurt it? and my dad frowns on it he had like 3 all motor chevells in the high tens so he hates it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
3:73's most def.... and besides power get that vert tighten up a bit, get XL Subframe Connectors from Maximum Motorsports will most def. feel a really big difference... 141,000 isn't anything for a 5.0

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey what would happen if i bought a cam. what would i need and i dont want to spend omeny with heads and stuff yet. would i see any gains

·
Registered
401 Posts
no I would not buy a cam yet, and like you said you dont want to get heads or anything wait until you get the heads and intake then get the right cam for that setup whenever you choice to do it... gears are the best bang for the buck trust me and get subframe connectors our cars flex soooo much , the car will feel extremely different with them... So much better...

·
Banned
3,784 Posts
147K isnt bad...i didnt start modding mine til like 190K

I say gears and upper/lower control arms

·
Registered
401 Posts
tony remember its a vert... alot more body flex.. subframe connectors are a must I say for verts...

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
tony remember its a vert... alot more body flex.. subframe connectors are a must I say for verts...
If I were you altough my name is Tony too, I would get sub frame connectors and a cold air intake. He's right, your vert will flex more than one of my x girlfriends so you do want to stiffen the chassis up. Cold-air intake and maybe a fidanza shrt shifter if you have 5 speed. If no 5 speed then get a sterring wheel. Nothing sets your interior good like a steering wheel for starters.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
look around for someone that puts in real subframe connectors where they cut the floorboard and weld in a peice of 2x3 steel tubing that runs the the full floorboard then button it all back up... there is a guy here that does it for 200

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
I have an all metal desk about the strenth of a real sub connector LOL, hell he can use that as scrap LOL. The desk from back in the day when they knew heavy ass metal would be a pain to get into the house

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
lol.. well if i was gonna spend 175 for a good set of full leingth sub frame connectors might as well have that guy do it for 200 that includes the materials.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i would def consider beefing up the suspension....

·
Registered
370 Posts
+5 on the 3.73 gears and +1 on the headers. thats all I have done to my car and i LOVE IT!

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Hmm, moddedmustangs site, Trans am poster... pretty but edit your profile to show a ford or something and replace that LS1 name with something along the matter of 50HO or something... I'm messin around, I'm no bully but that's a long time in a long while I've seen someone post about something for ford and having a chevy or honda name on here and in this case, a Pontang trans am name.. I mean Pontiac.

Welcome to moddedmustangs - Where Ford invented the term "Kickin Ass"

·
Registered
91 Posts
lol.. well if i was gonna spend 175 for a good set of full leingth sub frame connectors might as well have that guy do it for 200 that includes the materials.
i paid 115 for mine and seriously there is no need for ones that go through the floor

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I already have a tri ax shifter i havent put it in yet and i think i'm goin with the 373s but the gas mileage thing is what im worried about with gas goin up so freakin high. and i live in connersville indiana its like 60 miles east of indianapolis i dont know where i could get them put in at that wouldnt cost me alot.

·
Registered
401 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts