Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I Need More Power!!!
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got the 5.4 2V dropped off for a rebuild and should be back by Mid January due to the holidays. I have a few questions if anyone can answer them.

I heard I can reuse the 4.6 ECU? Is this true/reccomended? Could I use the 5.4 ECU?

Anyone know of any good tuners in the Oklahoma/North Texas area?

With the added torque im going to have should I look into upgrading to 31 spline axel's and TLok since im doing the a change from 3.55 to 4.10's?

I currently have 40 series flows and a BBK catted H, think SLP LM's with a O/R X and BBK shortys will sound good with the 5.4?

Reps for answers of course

·
I Need More Power!!!
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
So, I got the 5.4 2V dropped off for a rebuild and should be back by Mid January due to the holidays. I have a few questions if anyone can answer them.

I heard I can reuse the 4.6 ECU? Is this true/reccomended? Could I use the 5.4 ECU?

Anyone know of any good tuners in the Oklahoma/North Texas area?

With the added torque im going to have should I look into upgrading to 31 spline axel's and TLok since im doing the a change from 3.55 to 4.10's?

I currently have 40 series flows and a BBK catted H, think SLP LM's with a O/R X and BBK shortys will sound good with the 5.4?

Reps for answers of course
Yes you can re-use your ECM. Just make sure to get it tuned. It's basically like you're running a 4.6 stroker now.

Can't help you with tuners.

Upgrading is never a bad thing. If you're changing gearsets anyway, you might as well.

Which LMs are you looking at? LM1s are raspy as hell, and an O/R X will only enhance that. Of course sound is personal taste.

Don't forget you'll have to get that mipipe to mate up with your new exhaust manifold location since the 5.4 has a taller deck height.

·
I Need More Power!!!
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes you can re-use your ECM. Just make sure to get it tuned. It's basically like you're running a 4.6 stroker now.

Can't help you with tuners.

Upgrading is never a bad thing. If you're changing gearsets anyway, you might as well.

Which LMs are you looking at? LM1s are raspy as hell, and an O/R X will only enhance that. Of course sound is personal taste.

Don't forget you'll have to get that mipipe to mate up with your new exhaust manifold location since the 5.4 has a taller deck height.
Okay, good to know about the ECU. I am taking the car to an exhaust shop to have them cut/extend where its needed on the exhaust. When it comes to the exhaust, I just want something louder.

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts