Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any fuel injected mod motors out there with big cubes? When I say big I mean like ~427, I'd love to one day have a big motor in my car. I find big cubes so appealing rather than FI. Not that FI is wrong or anything I've just always liked the big motors of yesteryear.

I know FRPP makes a 427 but it looks carbuated, I'm kind of a noob when it comes to building engines.

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
Jpc makes a 351 coyote stroker, but its low compression meant for a boosted application, ford has the 6.2 2v raptor motor that someone had started to swap into an s197 but never finished, that motor could be stroke and bored to a 7.0l

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah man I've got a small dick too. At the same time, I find the appeal of a lighter engine and less rotating mass attractive.

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
Yeah man I've got a small dick too. At the same time, I find the appeal of a lighter engine and less rotating mass attractive.
I believe it, if something small and lightweight is appealing to you I think honda and the other small motor/car manufacturers have something to fit your tastes

·
Registered
58 Posts
Haha seriously tho I think big displacement engines are stupid and a thing of the past. Inefficient and heavy.

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 AM ----------

I mean **** the 67 cobra made like 500 hp or something with a 7 liter engine?
Nowadays the 5.0 liter coyote engine puts out 412 STOCK n/a. Haha fuel injection, aluminum blocks and airbags are a good thing. ****, just because something is old doesnt mean its good.

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
Haha seriously tho I think big displacement engines are stupid and a thing of the past. Inefficient and heavy.

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 AM ----------

I mean **** the 67 cobra made like 500 hp or something with a 7 liter engine?
Nowadays the 5.0 liter coyote engine puts out 412 STOCK n/a. Haha fuel injection, aluminum blocks and airbags are a good thing. ****, just because something is old doesnt mean its good.
You have a point and I don't entirely disagree, but for a coyote to make 500hp na it takes full bolt ons, race gas and an aggressive tune, an ls7 makes 505 hp with all stock restrictive parts,pump gas and still manages 28mpg on the highway , small displacement mod motors have come a long way since 97 but they still have a long way to go before they become to top performing production motor

·
7,910 Posts
Lose the attitude.

On point, the biggest problem with getting larger engines in these cars isn't so much the weight as the fitment. The 4.6 is pretty snug in these cars and the GT500 is worse with its DOHC heads.

·
Like A Boss
18,927 Posts
Lose the mustang and get a honda. You can get just as much power from them (so they say :shiftyeyes) as you can with your giant ass rustang with its big v8 inefficient pos.

If you knew anything, you'd realize that a 427 built to the same volunetric efficiency as a coyote would make 621 (boss 302 spec) on stock parts, 93 punp gas and the stock ford tune. That's naturally aspirated.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
You can convert any carbed big block to fuel injection pretty easily. You can order crate motors that way. Plenty of aftermarket manifolds and engine management systems you can put on an old 427 if you want.

---------- Post added at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 AM ----------

So why did we buy a pos SBF shaped like a brick with a SRA?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
I dont get where you guys are talking about old push rods? He asked if there was any fuel injected mod motors that could be made to big cubes, not fitting a big cube push rod into a S197

·
Like A Boss
18,927 Posts
I dont get where you guys are talking about old push rods? He asked if there was any fuel injected mod motors that could be made to big cubes, not fitting a big cube push rod into a S197
I get what you're saying, but the 427 was an ohc engine. Not pushrod.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Yeah, nobody mentioned pushrods. And he asked if there were any big cube mod motors with fuel injection, not what mod motors could be made into big cube motors. You can bore and stroke any motor for more volume. And he specifically mentioned the FRPP 427 which is a pushrod motor anyways.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I don't think its a very good idea, but it would be interesting to see the final product if someone modified the frame to fit in a giant motor

·
Registered
224 Posts
Actually, A big cube push rod motor is smaller (and Bigger) than the "biggest" true mod motor, the 6.8l V10.

The 6.2L isn't a mod motor, but can be stroked to a 427. Don Bowles raced an 800hp corn fed one in NMRA.

If you've got the money, You can "fit" about anything in the S197.

Jon Kaase Racing Engines - Kaase Boss Nine 589 c.i. 2008 GT Mustang

·
Like A Boss
18,927 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
If you have the money, you can build a 5.4 based mod-motor to around, or over, 400 CI.

Take an aluminum 5.4 block, install larger bore sleeves in it.

Order a custom crank from Bryant, to increase the stroke.

Enjoy 400 CI of insane TQ and 700+HP on pump gas, NA.

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
If you have the money, you can build a 5.4 based mod-motor to around, or over, 400 CI.

Take an aluminum 5.4 block, install larger bore sleeves in it.

Order a custom crank from Bryant, to increase the stroke.

Enjoy 400 CI of insane TQ and 700+HP on pump gas, NA.
Thank you for the legitimate response, and the 5.4s can be had fairly cheap from wrecked navigators and such

1 - 20 of 32 Posts