Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Like A Boss
18,927 Posts
If you have the money, you can build a 5.4 based mod-motor to around, or over, 400 CI.

Take an aluminum 5.4 block, install larger bore sleeves in it.

Order a custom crank from Bryant, to increase the stroke.

Enjoy 400 CI of insane TQ and 700+HP on pump gas, NA.
I did not know that was possible. We have to have a suspension rep come in to tell us about engines :lmao

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
A more cost effective approach would be:

-Junkyard Navigator engine
-Freshen the components, of course

-Flat Top Pistons
-I-Beam Rods
-Minor port work / valvejob to heads
-Custom Cams
-Boss302 Intake Manifold (takes a little work/fabbing...but worth it)

This set-up with longtubes would make around 450-480rwhp on 91 Octane.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
If you have the money, you can build a 5.4 based mod-motor to around, or over, 400 CI.

Take an aluminum 5.4 block, install larger bore sleeves in it.

Order a custom crank from Bryant, to increase the stroke.

Enjoy 400 CI of insane TQ and 700+HP on pump gas, NA.
This actually sounds pretty awesome.

How big can a 4.6 be bored out to? Will be able to keep my frpp heads if I increase the stroke of my current motor? Thanks and sorry for the noob questions.

Also, I heard about the Kaase motors, it's actually when I fell in love with the idea of putting a big motor in my car, kind of a nostalgic bad ass mustang lol. Today's looks and handling with the raw power the old school cars had.

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

Yeah man I've got a small dick too. At the same time, I find the appeal of a lighter engine and less rotating mass attractive.
Umm when compared to say LSX motors the mod motor is MUCH larger and probably a little heavier than say an LS1.... Which we all know is a serious motor

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

Just buy this and be done with it (and yes it is boosted and not a huge engine):

Ford Racing Supercharged Cobra Jet Mustang Crate Engine M-6000-SCJ13 - Free Shipping!

If I could afford that, I wouldn't have a 4.6 lol

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
I think the biggest bored/stroked 4.6 is the 326. I would think that is probably a 4" stroke with a .030 over bore. I don't think you can get much bigger than that. I would think the stroke would be bringing the top of the piston down near the very bottom of the cylinder and think piston walls would be at about it's limits too. I'm planning to one day have a stroker, but I'm gonna do a 302, .030 over bore and a 3.75" crank.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Right now the biggest I know of for a 4.6 is a 326. That is using a big bore block with a 3.70 bore and a 3.80 Kellog crank, I don't know how much you can safely bore that block but if you can the cubic in will probably get closer to 330, add 11:1 pistons and a killer top end and you will have more than enough and you will kick some Coyote ass.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
As bad ass as the coyote is. If I were to dump this much money into my car id want something totally unique but still reminiscent of classic muscle cars I.e. more cubes. I'm all about standing out from the crowd, but still sticking to the mustangs roots. i dont even like those new euro style head lights they put on the 13+ cars. my car is all matte black, cammed and spayed. It looks as mean as it sounds, and I'd want to continue this trend for future mods :).

·
At the Apex pulling 1.28g
6,578 Posts
As bad ass as the coyote is. If I were to dump this much money into my car id want something totally unique but still reminiscent of classic muscle cars I.e. more cubes. I'm all about standing out from the crowd, but still sticking to the mustangs roots. i dont even like those new euro style head lights they put on the 13+ cars. my car is all matte black, cammed and spayed. It looks as mean as it sounds, and I'd want to continue this trend for future mods :).
Pretty much any of the old pushrod motors will fit in these cars with ease. Hell a 427 Cammer (not a pushrod motor) fits in the engine bay, just barely.

If you have a S197Forum account, check out this:
WWW.S197FORUM.COM

American Iron is a National Auto Sport Association (NASA) racing class dedicated to Pony Cars and Muscle Cars. Only IRS allowed right now are Cobras and the new Challenger, Chargers (I think) and Camaro, otherwise, all Live Axles, all V8's. In AIX, you can go insane with the car.

Anyway, the only thing stopping you from cramming a 454 Big Block Ford in your car is time and money. :baller:

21 - 32 of 32 Posts