Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Mr. Stangarang
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for the past 2 months I've been having some difficulties (bad luck) with my car. It was broken down last weekend when the crank sensor went out and was fine up until today. While on my way to work I got into boost and the car felt funny, I wish I could describe it better. So as soon as I felt whatever happened I got off the throttle and stayed out of boost for the rest of the trip. On my way home I take off from a stop light like a normal human being and once I get to 3k the car just falls on its face, complete fuel cut, and then the car goes back to normal. This is scaring the **** out of me.. What the hell could be the problem, it isn't like a small miss, I'm talking complete fuel cut in 1/10th of a second and then it kicks back on. Could my fuel pumps be bad?

·
Thrbfirs..... Meat Eggs
4,398 Posts
Any codes?

·
Mr. Stangarang
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope no codes

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Are you sure it was fuel related and not ignition?

Do you have an A/F or fuel pressure gauge that showed a drop in FP or a lean spike?

With just getting over ignition problems because of the CPS I'd be open minded about that issue resurfacing. Either way that sucks. Sorry I can't help anymore then to get you looking for more answers.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
What fuel pump do you have? Do you still have the PPRV?

If you have a chance, use something to view live data. To watch your fuel rail pressure. My scan tool does it. Or at least datalog it.

Maybe the FRPS is acting up. Which is common.

Another thing, datalog, do a 3rd gear pull from 2000rpm to where you shift, like a dyno. Datalog fuel pump duty cycle, pressure drop across injectors, maf counts and other **** you normally would.

·
Mr. Stangarang
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have twin cobra pumps but they were barely supporting my current power level which makes me think they are going bad or something. Yes I still have a pprv delete.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Did the stutter happen after a shift? That's common with the PPRV stil there.

Wait do you have stock fuel line on the ford GT pump? If so it could have bursted and ripped alittle

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Oh never mind twin cobra pumps. Read wrong. Still the PPRV can cause that.

·
Mr. Stangarang
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No it happens while in gear, and I'll have the fuel tank dropped tomorrow night to check the lines. I have a spare frps laying around somewhere so when I dig it up I'll throw it on. For the fuel pumps where can I buy replacements and what kind, walbro?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I'm not sure, I think there expensive for oem. Then if you run focus or GT pumps, you need a modded fpdm.

I have 2 I bought used, I never tested them. I'll sell em to you for $75 shipped?

·
Mr. Stangarang
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not sure, I think there expensive for oem. Then if you run focus or GT pumps, you need a modded fpdm.

I have 2 I bought used, I never tested them. I'll sell em to you for $75 shipped?
What kind of pumps Shaun?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Stock 03/04 Cobra pumps

·
Mr. Stangarang
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I know, I dont have much info on them. I bought a Cobra hat with pumps cheap. I just wanted the hat, cause I plan on using Ford GT pumps.

As for miles, I think the guy I bought them from said they had like 45-50k miles.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Could be a split hose in the tank. It's a common problem with the Cobra hat swaps because of either improper hose use (wrong hose, usually not the submersible FI hose needed) or hose lenght, really tight "turns" with the hose after the PPRV delete.

·
Mr. Stangarang
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't think it's a split hose, the car will be fine and then just violently die and them come right back on. If it was a split hose it would happen all the time. I'm so frustrated with this car. Oh yea I got rear ended on my way to work today and the car will be in the shop until Tuesday getting a new rear bumper. :(

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
You need to datalog it. We can throw out ideas, but if you don't datalog it we have nothing to work with.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts