Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so now i need help figuring out what type of exhaust to get i was lloking at some that just bolt on to the stock y pipe but i realy want to get like an o/r h-pipe or xpipe. is it illegal to have either of them in nj? also wat will give me the best sound i want it to be really loud and deep not that ****ing rice sound. i was thinkin about either violators super 40s magnaflows or pypes. what do you guys think??

·
Registered
811 Posts
i have shorty headers, no cats, o/r H pipe, and knock off flows. i like my sound but if i had to go back and do it again i would def do l/t headers. (if they are allowed in your state). i like no cats but that may not be allowed in your state. and an H or X pipe. and for mufflers i like the magnaflows but for the deepest sound the flowmasters are said to be the best

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
o/r pypes are illegal in nj, and stay away from pypes mufflers, they make good products but there mufflers sound bad on these cars.

and you can get exhaust that will sound good in the lower rps's but one you get up there it will sound ricy just because it is a v6, there is no getting around that.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
go to an exhaust shop, have them cut the y-pipe after the cats, and get custom piping with your muffler choice, should be around 350 depending on the muffler you get

·
Registered
138 Posts
ya i have flow 40's and overall they sound nice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts