Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 1966 mustang with a 289 from my uncle and I want to know how I can get it to put out more horsepower and more torque. I would like to get it to put out around 350 horsepower and 375 torque without buying a new engine for it. how can I do this for under $2500.:D:woot:banana

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
I recently bought a 1966 mustang with a 289 from my uncle and I want to know how I can get it to put out more horsepower and more torque. I would like to get it to put out around 350 horsepower and 375 torque without buying a new engine for it. how can I do this for under $2500.:D:woot:banana

^for people like me who could not read it before

·
Anatidaephobic
2,370 Posts
im thinking its going to be tuff to hit 350 with 2500. unless you feel like stroking it. other than that you'll have to do the whole top end and new heads get pricy even for a cheap pair like gt40s once you get the rockers pushrods etc. or cam intake carb exhaust and then spray it :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
one person recomended the edelbrock performance rpm package because when it is on it increases horsepower to 367 and it is $1729.99

·
Registered
353 Posts
And I hate to be a stick in the mud, but (imo) stopping power should be upgraded before going power.

·
Anatidaephobic
2,370 Posts
And I hate to be a stick in the mud, but (imo) stopping power should be upgraded before going power.
people where stopping on drum brakes for years before the discs. no reason you can't stop on them in todays world:D

·
Registered
353 Posts
people where stopping on drum brakes for years before the discs. no reason you can't stop on them in todays world:D
except that everybody else now stops faster than you do ... I'd rather keep my car intact with discs than wrecked with drums =p

·
Anatidaephobic
2,370 Posts
yea i feel the same way actually but every time i have the $1200 to put on discs the devil on my shoulder tells me to buy horsepower

·
Registered
353 Posts
yea, my wilwoods cost me like $700, + the master cylinder (which I just got a stock style disc replacement for now that works fine for $40)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
people on other forums say the ssbc force10 disc brakes are good and for the engine the edelbrock performer rpm package with a edelbrock 600cfm carb is a very good thing to do if you want to increase horsepower

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
do you guys know if and how and what nitrous i should use in my car because i want to end up proffessionally drag race in the future

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
The easy thing to do is put 3:55 gears in it. and edelbrock rpm performer intake and 600 cfm carb. and pertronic for the points. Simple and your motor will live.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts