Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Enthusiast
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I know alot of v8 guys hate on the v6 and that's cool. I get it.
Here's the deal. I have a BBK CAI, Flowmaster Force II True Dual Cat-Back Exhaust, Accel Super EDIS Coil Pack, Taylor Street Thunder 8mm Spark wires and a 87 performance tune. What else can I do to get more performance out of it?
v8 guys try not to clown too much lol...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I finally got my 01 cobra but prior to that at had a 99 mustang v6. I know what your saying about people beating up on you about modding it. However, they can be pretty stout. I pulled mine out and fully built it. You really need to reinforce the internals before you go too crazy. I did everything I could on the inside before adding g a P-1SC Procharger with 17lbs of boost. I also had a pretty radical cam and MAC Dumps. Once it was professionally tuned it was really quick and had a blast racing it around. I have also installed a turbo on my 5.0 fox and had a blast with that before selling.
The key is not to skimp on what you add. And make sure it all makes sense in the order you do it in. Fuel delivery is also a huge piece of the puzzle that some dont ro u til they melt a piston. Just my 2 cents. Good luck on your 6 though. I'm sure it will be fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts