Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

1. Pardon my ignorance, but just for my Information. The Mustang GT V8 engine is the same engine in the Mustang GT500 Shelby. but because of the Supercharger it produces 500hp ? Because if the GT500 Engine is the "Ford GT" engine then thats not good news, as the Ford GT is known for a lot of breaking down :confused:

2. I like the idea of the fog lights on the lower side of the front end of the car. however i also like the idea of having the old timer fog lights as well, just like the ones on this pic:

My question is, would that be ok with the car, or would it interrupt the "Air Intake".

3. How well does it react to heat, as it is not the normal Mustang but the "Supercharged" one. so that is more heat in the engine. specially that the weather is always hot around here. we are talking about almost 9 Months of "113F to 122F".

Thats all :D, waiting for your kind replys.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
the GT500 has a 4v 5.4 with a supercharger, and the GT just has a 3v 4.6 engine

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
and the foglights wont change the amount of air getting to the engine

·
Premium Member
12,055 Posts
1. the gt500 have a different engine than a normal gt. a gt have 4.6L 3v engine. gt500 have 5.4L 4v handmade engine. slap a s/c on that and you get 500 hp. the gt500 dont have the same engine as a ford gt. i think the gt500 have same heads from the ford gt though.

2. the fog lamps in the grill should be fine. i dont see any problems with it.

3. well it is better for the car to operate in a colder weather. for me, it can drive just fine over 100, but i cant really say anything on the 113-122F weather.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the GT500 has a 4v 5.4 with a supercharger, and the GT just has a 3v 4.6 engine
So that means it's not the same engine from the Ford GT, thats good to know :D

and the foglights wont change the amount of air getting to the engine
Cool, I can have my own "Spider" Mustang ! :D

Thanks "BWAL09" for the reply.

ps. I never thought an avatar would annoy me, till i saw yours lol

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1. the gt500 have a different engine than a normal gt. a gt have 4.6L 3v engine. gt500 have 5.4L 4v handmade engine. slap a s/c on that and you get 500 hp. the gt500 dont have the same engine as a ford gt. i think the gt500 have same heads from the ford gt though.
Pardon me but just to be on the same page, I mean this Ford GT:

This Ford GT they say it has a lot of issues when it comes to the Engine. and i heard that the "GT500 Shelby" has the same engine.

2. the fog lamps in the grill should be fine. i dont see any problems with it.
Yay, i can almost see my spider mustang :D

3. well it is better for the car to operate in a colder weather. for me, it can drive just fine over 100, but i cant really say anything on the 113-122F weather.

Problem is there aren't any cooler areas, this is the temperature over here. and thats where i will be driving it >.<

Thanks 08blkgt500 for the reply :D

·
Registered
11 Posts

"3. How well does it react to heat, as it is not the normal Mustang but the "Supercharged" one. so that is more heat in the engine. specially that the weather is always hot around here. we are talking about almost 9 Months of "113F to 122F"."

Your in luck my friend!!!!!! I had 2003 Mustang Cobra which is supercharged while i was in Bahrain for 1 1/2years. you really dont have to worry about heat the as much as you msut worry about the SAND!!!! Keep your car in the garage or car cover as much as possible, and be sure to keep the engine bay clean as possible paying extra attention to the cold air intake and throttle body, cause i had to shake the the **** out of the filter at least once a week and i only really drove it on the weekends

Reactions: Forked Tongue

·
Premium Member
12,055 Posts
Pardon me but just to be on the same page, I mean this Ford GT:

This Ford GT they say it has a lot of issues when it comes to the Engine. and i heard that the "GT500 Shelby" has the same engine.
yeah the gt500 have a different engine from both mustang gt and ford gt, however i think what you heard was that gt500 have the same heads from ford gt.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your in luck my friend!!!!!! I had 2003 Mustang Cobra which is supercharged while i was in Bahrain for 1 1/2years. you really dont have to worry about heat the as much as you msut worry about the SAND!!!! Keep your car in the garage or car cover as much as possible, and be sure to keep the engine bay clean as possible paying extra attention to the cold air intake and throttle body, cause i had to shake the the **** out of the filter at least once a week and i only really drove it on the weekends

Ok thats Bahrain, which is an Island. while i'm living in Riyadh which is the capital of Saudi Arabia and it is Exactly in the middle of the desert. we get sand storms here like if it was a scene from a horror movie ! just like the bellow pics

So thats going to be nice lol. Ill try to check the weather, and buy a new air filter every time the car gets a maintenance checkup i guess.

Thanks 05MustangGTR for the reply :D

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah the gt500 have a different engine from both mustang gt and ford gt, however i think what you heard was that gt500 have the same heads from ford gt.
Ahhhh, as long as its just the heads then thats ok i guess.

Because i heard on "Top Gear" that the Ford GT has lots of problems when it comes to its engine. so i was a bit worried when they said the GT500 gets the same engine.

Oh well. now i can calm down :D

·
Registered
932 Posts
The GT500 engine also has forged internals, allowing for a lot more boost and horsepower. A friend of mine change the pulley & tune on his GT500, nothing else, and made 540rwhp.

A supercharged Mustang GT would be screaming to explode at that power level. But that level is conservative for a GT500 engine.

·
Premium Member
12,055 Posts
Ahhhh, as long as its just the heads then thats ok i guess.

Because i heard on "Top Gear" that the Ford GT has lots of problems when it comes to its engine. so i was a bit worried when they said the GT500 gets the same engine.

Oh well. now i can calm down :D

top gear is awesome :D

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
i thought the Ford GT was the same engine. aren't they both the 5.4L Triton? but anyway the ford GT is a completly different car. The GT500 is made to be driven daily and the Ford GT in not

·
Registered
341 Posts
Forked Tongue - I think you should be fine over there with a GT500. Just pay attention to the sand as the other guy stated. You should also do as much cooling modification as you can i.e. heat exchanger, Intercooler tank, etc. As long as you stay away from multiple back to back WOT sessions you shouldn't have any problems. :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The GT500 engine also has forged internals, allowing for a lot more boost and horsepower. A friend of mine change the pulley & tune on his GT500, nothing else, and made 540rwhp.

A supercharged Mustang GT would be screaming to explode at that power level. But that level is conservative for a GT500 engine.

Thats interesting, True the GT500 is better, problem is they don't do such modifications around here lol

but i guess 500 hp is more than enough for me, I don't even think i am gonna be using all of that horse power lol, use half of it and i might end up under a camel lol

Thanks "shanec" for the reply.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
top gear is awesome :D
I'm jumping up and down like crazy chicks yelling "I think it's awesome too!" lol

Yeah i watched almost every single episode, allthough the one where they test the GT500 on that machine that calculates how much hp the car has, which is called the "Rhino" i think iam not sure.

it showed the GT500 actually makes 447 hp =(

Thanks "08blkgt500" for the reply.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i thought the Ford GT was the same engine. aren't they both the 5.4L Triton? but anyway the ford GT is a completly different car. The GT500 is made to be driven daily and the Ford GT in not
That is what i'm hoping for, that is what i'm hoping for =)

Thanks "AMmuslGT" for the reply.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Forked Tongue - I think you should be fine over there with a GT500. Just pay attention to the sand as the other guy stated. You should also do as much cooling modification as you can i.e. heat exchanger, Intercooler tank, etc. As long as you stay away from multiple back to back WOT sessions you shouldn't have any problems. :)
Well the mustang comes modified for the GCC countries, so it is actually modified for Saudi Arabia, so the radiator is actually thinker than the normal one so it can take the heat. at least i'm hoping lol

Thanks "BoostFiend" for the reply.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thats interesting, True the GT500 is better, problem is they don't do such modifications around here lol

but i guess 500 hp is more than enough for me, I don't even think i am gonna be using all of that horse power lol, use half of it and i might end up under a camel lol

Thanks "shanec" for the reply.
You'll be surprised at how soon that power level won't be enough. I got my GT 500 in June and am already looking at modifications. :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts