Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any dyno number from just doing a supercharger swap and adding boost to an otherwise stock 03 cobra motor. What is the max hp i can exspect to make on pump gas without doing cams and porting my heads. I would like to make around 600 to the wheels.

Right now my setup consists of a stock v block with 03 heads and cams. I do have a set of 98 cobra cams that i heard were "more agressive" but i dont have any specs to go by. I am running an aftercooled vortech v2 si trim with the stock pully. The most boost i see is about 7psi @ around 6.5k rpm. I havent had it tuned yet so i dont know what it is making to the wheels. I would like to get a set of bigger injectors and a pully and see if i can make close to 600 at the wheels. Vortech claims that this supercharger is capible of 650hp (flywheel im guessing). But if i had to i can upgrade to a t trim which should do 750hp. However, before any of that i am going to rebuild the bottom end with forged parts. I really dont want to spend the money on head work and cams if i can acomplish my goal with stock heads and cams.

·
Registered
649 Posts
well, i have a 98 cobra. i had a V2 SCI trim makin 15lbs of boost with 42lb injectors and no intercooler and i made 460 to the wheels UNTUNED. the tuner said i had 40more hp in it if i got it tuned, so im sayin that YES, it can be done. I was told i could make about 550ish with 60lb injectors, longtubes, and an intercooler and o/r xpipe swapped in.

·
Registered
649 Posts
yeah, if you have the cams, swap em in. get bigger injectors, and probably upgrade to the t-trim. you wont have to run that much more boost, maybe 12#'s with that t-trim to see your goal. make sure you have a good enough fuel supply for that much hp

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
the stock internals will handle that power (600) if youve got a Termi shortblock. they come fully forged with manley rods and pistons and forged crank. if you didnt already know.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish this was a termi shortblock, but it came from a mark 8. I kinda put it together in a rush so i could drive it some this summer, but now that winter is on the way i will be pulling it back out and doing it right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts