Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just picked up 2 bottles of this stuff for 10 bucks at big lots,havent tired it yet since its raining but anybody on here got any reviews on how it does,its not the fx or reflection but i thought 5 bucks each was a good price
this is what i got
Mothers Tire Shine (24 oz) : Detailing.com

they started selling alot of mothers products so i may end up with a hole shelf on mothers lol i dont think they know how to price stuff

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I have not tried it but I know the Mothers Reflections Tire Care is great let us know how you like this.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
have used it and did like it!

personally, i just use black magic on my own tires, yes it only lasts a week, but have to wash my car every week anyways so it gets the job done!

·
Registered
221 Posts
It is a nice product to use. It is a water-based tire product that is basically the same formula as our current FX Tire Shine. Not overly shiny, so if you want really shiny, this may not be the product for you.

Mothers Tire Shine was discontinued from our Mothers line when we launched Back-to-Black Tire Shine (a solvent-based shine product) earlier this year. Back-to-Black Tire Shine is long-lasting and doesn't sling. As shines go, it's shinier than Mothers Tire Shine and FX Tire Shine.

Do be aware that the old product (at Big Lots and elsewhere until supplies run out) and the new product share the same product number, though the labels and packaging are distinctly different, as are the formulas.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Oh, and I'll add that in the scheme of tire shines, Reflections Tire Care is not shiny at all. Tire Care give a nice new-looking natural finish.

It's pretty much an online-only product.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i notice that it does leave a nice shine,but not to shiny like other brands do.but anyways,i dont think the price was to bad.ill use this stuff when im doing a quick clean up here is a before and after shot.i just cleaned one wheel because it was raining
before

after 1 coat

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Reflections Tire Care is one of my favorite tire care products. I like the rich matte finish. I have the Back To Black Tire Shine as well for those folks who like a glossy tire. I find most people like a glossy tire. A lot of people associate a shiny tire with a clean tire. Jim is right, it does not sling, and seem to hold up well.

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
I like it

·
Registered
78 Posts
personally black might be better since a glossy shine looks better I hate that its sticky so u have clean that gunk off the tires.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Maybe the turtle wax ice is good since its comes with a brush havent used but does anyone if its worth buying.
I have used it about 2 years ago and it way too greasy and attracts so much dirt and dust from the road it looks just nasty after a few days of driving. If you need to stick to something over the counter try Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care its a great dressing that can be used on the interior and the exterior.

·
Registered
197 Posts
:rockonI love Mothers products so im always getting new ones.

·
Photoshop Junkie
1,445 Posts
The shine looks perfect for what I like in your photos 00redgt. Reps for sharing.

Did you notice any slinging? That's my biggest enemy with a white car, any slinging is immediately noticeable.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I am using megs 2.0 xtreme tire shine it is awsome but slings like none other. I also use back magic ti tire shine awsome stuff but attracts so much dirt and a few children were stuck to my tires. Lol. When i run out of those i will get some mothers back to black.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
didnt notice much sling but then again it rained the day after it was put on so i went back with the hot shine from meguair's but i use the mothers for my tonneau cover on my truck and the dash for the truck also,does great on those 2 things

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I use 3 products for my tire tires and non sling at all (see below), I use a microfiber that comes with a detachable velcro handle and 3 black microfibers from pepboys, its great because you can wash the applicators after each 2 to 3 uses and always have fresh clean one incase not one thats all greasy like those tire sponges.

1. Opti-bond Tire Gel (low gloss / matte)
2. 303 Aerospace Protectant (matte)
3. Mothers Reflections Tire Care (low gloss / matte)

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Ultima Tire & Trim Guard or Meguiars Hyperdressing for me.. ;)
I just got some Megs Hyperdressing in from a trade I did with a member on DB I need to give it a go soon. I have been really interested in it and, one question I do have do you use this on your interior surfaces as well or do you only use this or exterior trim, tires and engine bays? And what dilutions do you use I was planing to use 4:1 or 3:1 I really dont like glossy tires, trim or interior I like the matte low gloss OEM look.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts