Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up an axle from a dude who said it had 3.73's but when i took em out to swap out w my stock gears i realized they are actually motive 3.90's and ive heard they kinda have a loud whine after 40mph. Is that true?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Sounds like sum ppl experience it and sum dont. But im savin $230 so ill deal with the whine if there is any

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
I've got Motive 4.10s in my V6. They whine like a mother ****er between 40 and 55mph. Settles down above that though. The whine has gotten a little better in the year they've been installed but it's still there.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Then i should just make my exhaust so ****in load that u dont hear the whine.lol

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
Whining is due to the install, not the gears. Motive makes gears sold as FRPP gears. I've had Motive 3.73's for over 5 years and no whine whatsoever...

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Whining is due to the install, not the gears. Motive makes gears sold as FRPP gears. I've had Motive 3.73's for over 5 years and no whine whatsoever...
I'll disagree with you there. Motive gears are generally one of the 'lesser' gear manufactures. Yes, the gears can whine due to the gearset being so far out that no shim can't get the backlash or depth correct.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well i bought the master install kit and im gonna get 2 axe bearings and after i run it for about 2000miles im thinkin bout replacing the gear oil

1 - 10 of 10 Posts