1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
295 Posts
Those look like they are the same as the OBX headers. I have quite a few friends that have had good luck with OBX on other cars. Most of the time someone says they are crap is because they want to make themselves feel better about spending 1100+ for the same parts. I had thought about purchasing those myself but am still debating on going turbo one day. Though you can get a set of MAC and BBK long tubes for 50-60 less and those are more common.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
never heard of them, and once again would never buy from RPM Outlet!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whats bad about rpm outlet do i dare ask?

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
They have bad service and they tend to send the wrong parts or missing ones and sometimes not ship parts at all. My dad bought underdrive pullies from them in 2007, and they were missing a few bolts, which took forever to acquire. I was not aware of their downfalls back then, as we had just started to modify our car. Nowadays, I research quite a bit before I buy from somewhere.

Here's several links to complaints about them that I found in a quick google search:

Rip Off Report: RPM Outlet (RPMoutlet.com) Bad Service, Bad Communication, Bad Attitude, Won't ship my order Ripoff Stafford Texas

Bad experience with RPM Outlet! - MustangForums.com
RPM Outlet is a scam - MustangForums.com

RPM Outlet SUCKS!!!!!!! - MustangForums.com

RPM Outlet - rpmoutlet.com - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Moto Steel? Is that like Moto Blue Pullies? I guess it is, RPM outlet. That is the japenese company that makes stuff for them? Then it probably is obx headers just under another brand name.

You are 100% correct. ;) I'm not sure if Motosteel= OBX under a different name though. I think I've heard of Motosteel before, hmm.....

OP, if you want some very affordable headers, then you should get the Pypes LT's/O/R midpipe combo from Brenspeed. Pypes Mustang 1 5/8" Stainless Steel Long Tube Headers & X (05-10)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts