Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to get a set of used motoblue udp's for $50, the guy is sellin them cuz he got a supercharger. Anyone know of the quality of these or if they're piggyback or not? Thanks

EDIT: He just sent me this pic:

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
At $50, hell go for it. I have only seen Moto Blue UPD's from rpmoutlet.com. So I don't know anything about them. But UPD's are not that high tech so I wouldn't really worry about it. IF they don't work out you can always go back to stock.

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
FANFRIGGINTASTIC!

Hopefully someone who has them can give proper feed back :p

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Looks like an SFI balancer, it'd be nice to get a profile shot but hell they're worth $50 regardless.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Yes that looks like an SFI balancer, I don't believe Motoblue makes an SFI balancer.

I haven't heard any good things about Motoblue, but the SFI balancer alone is worth the money you paid.

Make sure and get the balancer install tool and don't use a longer bolt to install it, lot's of stripped cranks from doing it that way. It also helps to put the balancer in a pot of boiling water for about 10-15 minutes, then put it on real quick using a pair of gloves. Don't forget to put the black RTV in the keyway groove when installing the balancer.

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I just installed these last night and let me say, wow. I really ws not expecting much of a difference from udp's based on reviews from people, but they definitely made a noticeable difference. I went through first gear so fast, it really surprised me. I was definitely late shifting into 2nd the first time I took it out. Now there's always a horror story to some extent for everything I do. SO here it is for these: the guy didnt ship me the spacer for the alternator pulley (which I didnt know I needed) so I installed everything, started it up, and I heard this loud squealing and it started to smoke and I thought "Oh ****..." So I checked everything out, and the alt pulley was discolored from heat and it was grinding up against the alternator itself. So I got out my computer, looked online, and saw that it was supposed to come with a spacer. So I got a couple washers that fit, put them on, and she works beautiful. Like I said, I was very surprised with the difference they made. It feels quite a bit quicker. I would definitely recommend getting a set. Used, if possible. I probably would never have gotten them if I had to pay over $200. Anyway, that's my 2 cents, and I hope you guys find it helpful/useful, and GO buy yourself a set of UDP's, NOW! (unless you're f/i) ;)

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
I felt the same about my march UPD's on my 01 gt. Not really worth the full price, but on the cheap noticeable. That with some other bolt ons makes a good over all difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts