Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any fabricating needed to use these? i have to put a spacer on my intake to clear my valve covers but i will need a cowl hood.. will these drop it enough to avoid having to get a new hood? i want to keep the sleeper look..

·
Registered
5,029 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
ive heard that convertable mounts lower the motor
What size spacer are you using? I used a 1" on my engine build and I have a convertible mounts and the original hood still won't fit. I'm in the same boat you are, looking for a hood to fit. Thinking about getting the Cervinis 2.5" cowl hood. Just thought I'd let you know

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am not sure what size spacer i need.. i gave the explorer intake and its proly gonna need a 1"spacer

how much do the drop mounts lower it? if i can get 1 " lower it might work..

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Just a suggestion, but wouldn't it be easier to just get a different set of valve covers? You can get the stock ones polished or chromed or powdercoated.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
or get a tubular Kmember.....i know this is one of the more expensive options but i know of 351W's fitting under a stock hood with the right Kmember

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a suggestion, but wouldn't it be easier to just get a different set of valve covers? You can get the stock ones polished or chromed or powdercoated.
i have a set of stock ones that look nice i painted them silver but i want to use the nice shiny ones..lol

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
yeah those do look good.......but if it comes down to it just to get the car on the road you might use the stock ones for a while till you get money for the hood.....its only a couple hours to remove the upper intake and replace valve covers sometime

1 - 10 of 10 Posts