Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm thinking about getting some solid motor mounts to help transfer power and I've also heard that they can help with shifting at high rpms'. What kind do you guys have and how do you like them? Also, who has the best prices on them? Give me the pros/cons between brands if you can. Thanks

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
That's what I have and they work great. The only difference I noticed was when the starter engages I could hear or feel it a little more. Manual transmission cars shift better at high R's with them too.

Reactions: stanglifemike

·
Registered
177 Posts
^didn't know they had one?
+ 1 on the shifting for sure.:yes
Increase in vibrations etc.
I think prothane comes in 2 flavors red and black.
Black being stiffer. But I could be wrong on that!

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I've got the CHE brace with torque limiters, as does 07Stroker. Nasty used to have them, but saltwater in the air corroded his I guess.

They help with the shifting, they also transmit more of the engine vibration, which I like.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Prothane mounts come in red and black and there's no difference in the density. There is also no such transmission mount available for these cars yet.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Anybody know if the poly engine mounts that come in the BMR K-Member differ significantly from the Prothane mounts?

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Anthony and hamish. Thats what I wanted to hear. I'll be ordering those after I've bought every one else's Christmas gifts. You guys know of a cheaper or better place to buy from than the link I posted?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
That's a damn good price. I paid $150 about 3-4 years ago.

·
Registered
244 Posts
how much do solid or poly motor mounts change the car?

i have heard one person say it def makes it louder and the car shakes a lot more. so if you have rattles you will hear them more.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
how much do solid or poly motor mounts change the car?

i have heard one person say it def makes it louder and the car shakes a lot more. so if you have rattles you will hear them more.
If you're the sort who enjoys the car shaking, you're probably not the sort who is easily bothered by minor rattles. :)

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
You won't notice anything different other than the starter will engage louder or maybe you'll feel it a little more.

·
Registered
420 Posts
those are the ones i would recomend. ive heard good things about them and they are the ones ive been wanting! Your car is comming together really fast. im glad for you man.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.