Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im looking for motor mounts for my car. was just wondering if anyone knows where to get some solid motor mounts for it? and if the 5.0 mounts are the same as the svo

·
Registered
3,122 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i tried to put that site in and it couldnt be found or something like that. i with out a doubt want better than the stock ones. i was looking at solid mounts made for a 5.0 but idk if they fit. so yeah if you could help me find some that would be great. just looking for better than stock maybe solid maybe some poly whatever the case is as long as they fit and are better than stock its fine with me

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I found him! This is they guy with the "better than factory" motor mounts.

Chuck W. If the link doesn't work just google search "chuck w motor mounts"

Turbochuck.com: Motormounts

That last link I posted was to forced4 website. They carry a lot of NOS parts, some aftermarket things as well. I've ordered a few items from them with no issues.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Dont make the mistake i did and go solid mounts in a street car. It is very noisy and anoyying. Only do solid mounts in a race only car. If you dont want to spend moeny you can dissasemble the stock mounts and put som washers between the top busing cup and the bolt (if they are the newer style). if you do not have the new style i would sugest going to a scrap yard and grab a set for 5 bucks and tighten them up with washers, it works great and doesnt rattle your car to peices.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont really mind the noisy part of having solid motor mounts. i have done them on every car that i have owned. from my audi a4 to a 89 mustang gt. im pretty used to it by now and the good thing is they let a little more power go to the wheels which is something i like a lot. but hey if i can find better than stock ones where they are a little stronger and i still dont get the noise i wouldnt mind either

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I didnt think i would mind them either, but the harmonics of a 2.3l are horrible. Solid isnt the way to go with these.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts