Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found the 99+ pi motor brand new with evertyhing for 3500 bucks, would there be ANYTHING else that i would have to buy to swap out my 96 npi motor for it to work, and does anyone know what they usually charge to swap a new motor in etc, im hopin i could get it done for around 1000-1500 at the most. (ESP if i have to buy any more mods for the motor to be swapped out).

I figure throwing in some LT's would probably also be a great time to throw in while doing the motor swap for much cheaper labor costs. Any help would be great. I got 5k from taxs and i'd like to make this swap, (i got a job in stuff so i could cover a lil xtra if it arises just nothin major).

I just want a good new motor that i can turbo later (nothing major just 9psi or so). Sexy mustang with a nasty turbo blow off just makes me hornay baby.

·
Registered
600 Posts
you'll need to use the fuel rails off of your npi to work with your computer, also you're coil packs and plug wires unless you buy an adapter so that the coil on plugs can plug into your computer.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeh i'd like to just throw on a blower n call it a day, but on a motor that is from a 96 thats like playin with flamable objects by the campfire when you start talkin boost. I wish it was newer and could just slap on a sc and throw all the bolt ons on it. But i dont wanna be left stranded after a few months

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Yea, definatly switch over the Wastespark system to the PI motor, instead of changing out the computer, and using a Coil on Plug system. I think you will be a lot happier in the long run, not having to replace those COP's.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
yeh i'd like to just throw on a blower n call it a day, but on a motor that is from a 96 thats like playin with flamable objects by the campfire when you start talkin boost. I wish it was newer and could just slap on a sc and throw all the bolt ons on it. But i dont wanna be left stranded after a few months

These mod motors will last a long time when takin care of. Just because its a 96 doesnt mean you cant run a S/C.

It has the same longevity as any 99-04. Your not gonna find any significant difference in the NPI and PI 2v's endurance wise.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeh but my motor is pushing 122k miles and i wasnt the first owner, i've taken great care of it since i've owned it (2 years). And hardly ever do i hammer it and beat on it. I didnt really mean the durability was worse then the PI motor i just meant more or less a fresh start and i would kno the motors history.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts