Modded Mustang Forums banner

MOtor Swap Help plz

559 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Fryrice 
#1 ·
I found the 99+ pi motor brand new with evertyhing for 3500 bucks, would there be ANYTHING else that i would have to buy to swap out my 96 npi motor for it to work, and does anyone know what they usually charge to swap a new motor in etc, im hopin i could get it done for around 1000-1500 at the most. (ESP if i have to buy any more mods for the motor to be swapped out).

I figure throwing in some LT's would probably also be a great time to throw in while doing the motor swap for much cheaper labor costs. Any help would be great. I got 5k from taxs and i'd like to make this swap, (i got a job in stuff so i could cover a lil xtra if it arises just nothin major).

I just want a good new motor that i can turbo later (nothing major just 9psi or so). Sexy mustang with a nasty turbo blow off just makes me hornay baby.

#5 ·
yeh i'd like to just throw on a blower n call it a day, but on a motor that is from a 96 thats like playin with flamable objects by the campfire when you start talkin boost. I wish it was newer and could just slap on a sc and throw all the bolt ons on it. But i dont wanna be left stranded after a few months

#7 ·
These mod motors will last a long time when takin care of. Just because its a 96 doesnt mean you cant run a S/C.

It has the same longevity as any 99-04. Your not gonna find any significant difference in the NPI and PI 2v's endurance wise.

#6 ·
Yea, definatly switch over the Wastespark system to the PI motor, instead of changing out the computer, and using a Coil on Plug system. I think you will be a lot happier in the long run, not having to replace those COP's.

#8 ·
yeh but my motor is pushing 122k miles and i wasnt the first owner, i've taken great care of it since i've owned it (2 years). And hardly ever do i hammer it and beat on it. I didnt really mean the durability was worse then the PI motor i just meant more or less a fresh start and i would kno the motors history.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.