Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Transmission is from 96-98 Cobra. I picked up a driveshaft from an 01 GT for real cheap, but it does not want to go onto the shaft very far. Splines line up and it goes about half way then a hard stop. What seal/bushing do I need to get? Also, I am using 03 GT electronics. The speed sensor was a different style back in 96-98. What sensor or speedcal do I need? I will be using my xcal2 to tune in the gear ratio for speedometer purposes.

This is for a 4.6 dohc swap into 04 v6.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Do you know what transmission it it? possibly a t-45? I would just give a local ford dealer a cost and see if they have a speed sensor for your needs.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know its a t45 with a 96-98 cobra tailshaft housing. The guy I bought it from told me that it was a t45 from a 99. I don't know for sure if its built to 96-98 specs or 99 specs. Are any of the gears on the tail shaft itself different? Or can I just switch to the newer style sensor?

·
Danger To Manifold
1,488 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found a guy who runs a shop and for $52 he is going to send me a tailshaft housing from a 99-01 t45, new seal, bushing, reluctor ring, etc., and a shipping label to ship my cobra stuff to him.

Not bad at all

1 - 7 of 7 Posts