Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
snagged a 99 crown vic engine with 40k on it for dirt cheap. Gonna put it in my 00 mustang gt. i know it dosnt have the pi heads but my blown motor has a good set of pi heads. should i swap the heads or just the cams? Im also using my intake. Just wondering if the cams were the only difference or if i should swap the whole head. Thanks

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
swap the whole head bro.. they flow more!

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
whole head... hey boo... is a crown vic motor the same shortblock as mine?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
no they are romeo also.. lol.. ur having some trouble finding one huh.. like in the other thread i have one i can sale u..

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
romeo ='s 6 bolt crank..
windsor ='s 8 bolt crank

there are other here and there differences but nothing to affect the swap

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats all i found that was different so far. im gonna order me a 6 bolt flywheel before i start the swap. Also i assume i need to order a head gasket set and new head bolts.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
yes u will need the gasket set.. steeda has head gasket set for 120 bucks.. comes with head gaskets bolts, intake gaskets and header gaskets..

but do not and i mean DO NOT buy a light weight aluminum fly wheel..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what kinda flywheel would you reccomend? just a stock 6 bolt? And everything else will bolt up correct?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
well u already got it apart so get a whole clutch assembly.. but i like the king cobra clutches

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
not looking to put a lotta cash in this thing. Gonna drive it a little on weekends but i buy and sell a lot. the clutches were fine before.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
oh.. well the just get a findanza f wheel..
dont get a dumb ass spec.. they suck

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
hmmmm.. that could be a windsor:)

·
Banned
491 Posts
hmmmm.. that could be a windsor:)
im only asking 100 bucks for the short block :) has a TINY TINY burnt exhaust valve #5, so u feel a SLIGHT SLIGHT miss at idle only... guy wanted a hole new motor at the dealer so my buddy (mechanic) at dealer took it home b/c its perfect .. compression is still 100% I also have intake aswell and my stock GT throttle body.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
well baker isnt looking for any heads.. but he maybe interested in the block fo sho if we can fet some pics of the block to prove its a windsor

·
Banned
491 Posts
do you know how to tell the difference? someone said the valve cover bolts...? would you know how to?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
best way to do it is either looking at the crank and see if there is 8 holes.. ot look in the valley of the block and there will be a thing that looks like a drain plug if it had that plug then it is not a windsor

·
Banned
491 Posts
so 8 bolt = windsor, 6 = romeo?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
yes..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts