Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys new to the forum . Need some help on a motor swap , looking for a 4v motor (swap is for a 2002 mustang gt ) . Does anyone know where I could get one cost and parts needed to do the swap .any web sites or salvage yard where I could check for the donor motor. Thank you Josh from guam

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
the block on the aviator is the same as the cobra or everything minus the intake? (view sig on why I ask lol)

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
its an aluminum block, not the same as the one in the 96-98 cobra but its not a bad block. Its a C head motor so your B head intake wont work on it. Thats ok though, C heads make better power than Bs and the intakes can be found fairly cheap.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
motor swap

Thank you for all the info .... But in the mean time if anyone finds a motor and harness please let me know the price . Thank you again josh

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
4v motors you can use:
B-head: 96-98 Cobra, Lincoln MKVIII
C-head: Mach 1, 99-04 Cobra, Mercury Marauder, Lincoln Aviator.
Note: 99-01 Lincoln Continental's are 4v's, but configured for FWD, do not use them. You can scavenge the heads and timing system from them if need be.

If you're just looking for a 4v swap get a MKVIII motor. I've seen them go for as little as $500 at junkyards. Also see the MKVIII engine swap thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts