Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
needs more boost
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be dropping my car off in a week to have the supercharger installed and wanted to figure this out before I take it in. How did you guys do it? I did a quick search on here but couldn't find any great info on it so hopefully you guys can help me out! Reps for helpful answers! Pics would be great too if you have them! Seems like theres a couple different ways to do it and would like to find the best way.

·
needs more boost
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm paying $700 for the install. I'm also having some other stuff installed along with it while it's in there though. I don't have any brackets atm just the intercooler. I was thinking about buying some L shaped brackets and doing it that way like in this pic

^Would this be stable enough? I would hate to be driving and have it fall off lol

I've also seen it done like this but it seems like a pita.

·
needs more boost
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably should have listed that lol I've got a cx racing intercooler. As far as I know they don't have brackets made specifically for mustangs but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I did mine like the second picture. It really isn't hard at all. As long as you have some kind of grinder to cut it with. Don't try to use a hacksaw or something stupid like that.lol

As far as mounting it after its cut, I drilled to holes to match up with the intercooler holes. that's all i have holding mine. After I put all the inter cooler piping together and connected it to the fmic, I couldn't even wiggle the fmic at all. so its in there nice and tight.

Keep in mind, if you run your intake pipe or power pipe into the fender well, you are going to have to cut a lot of that out of the way. 02sonicgt has a good picture of it in his build thread.

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
Click the link in my signature. Lots of pictures and directions. My method is unique and retains the front bumper support completely.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
13,573 Posts
Here are a few pictures to give you an ideal of how it will mount up. Its best to weld the intercooler piping so you dont have to worry about leaks and couplers, But still ok if you dont. If you have any specific Questions PM me.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts

Welded some L brackets and then welding the brackets to where the bumper use to go. Then just bolted the intercooler to the brackets

·
needs more boost
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SSG so you just cut into the bumper support for yours? I think that's how I'm going to do it as long as it not too hard to cut into. Also how much did you pay to have the intercooler piping welded together?

·
13,573 Posts
SSG so you just cut into the bumper support for yours? I think that's how I'm going to do it as long as it not too hard to cut into. Also how much did you pay to have the intercooler piping welded together?
I started some of the welding myself then had a friend finish since he welds on helicopters for a living since he was going through a hard time I gave him like 50$ which was good cause it was about 1 hours work.

Yes I cut my bumper support, and then reinforced it above the intercooler with 1" stock steel on the inside of the bumper support for added support.I also used the foam and knotched it so I would get maximum air flow along with the added support of the factory foam.

·
13,573 Posts
alright cool I think I'm going to do the same! How hard was it to cut the bumper support?
For me it wasnt hard at all because I used a plasma Cutter. If i had to do it without a plasma cutter I also have a diamond tipped metal blade for my rotozip tool.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts