Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
I believe he did, but he hasnt been on here in forever, I don't think.

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
Gotta watch out for some of those cheap racing seats that recline, because they are non certified, not safe, will probably break in half in a fender bender.

I wouldn't trust those seats even on a golf cart, just find a clean set of used oem seats on craigslist. :dunno

Plus, i wouldn't want to run the risk of having a passenger sue me if we got into a wreck and my cheap-o off brand racing seats bent and destroyed their spine.

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
everyone i have heard of likes them. Never sat it a set but everyone that has had them online liked them. and i really don't want to pay $500 for a set of used oem seats. (everyone around my area thinks their **** is worth a fortune)
Im telling ya man, i'd spend more for the safety factor, those seats do not under go any type of testing, and would be kinda like riding on a motorcycle with no helmet.

If racing seats have no FIA rating, i wouldn't touch them with a 500ft pole.

read up on the discussion over on zilvia.
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/366006-knock-off-seat-discussion.html

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I have the jeggs racing seat in mine

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
well in an event of an accident bad enough to destroy seats, your prolly ****ed anyway, doubt a racing seat vs an oem one is gonna determine your life getting saved, if it was bad enough to destroy a mustang seat in the first place. That is up to airbags and luck/god whichever you prefer to chose.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
They were in the car before I got it. they are pretty decent. Haven't gone on any long trips. When i look at them when I got them. It was like a piece of angle iron that went through the stock seat holes then the seat bracket mounted to that

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
i'll tell ya now those seats suck...very stiff. and they put the seat position way too high. i had some and kept them in a week before i swapped stock seats back in...

BUT.......if you must then i have brand new brackets (that were used to mount my summit seats for less a week) that i will sell you for $75 shipped...i believe they were around 100-120 new plus shipping.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts