Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I've searched this topic in 30 ways and am not finding much usable info unfortunately....so I'm hoping someone can direct me to a thread or help out here!

I am swapping a 351w into my 1970 Mustang that currently has a 302 and putting a Paxton supercharger on. In the current 302 setup, the alternator is on the top side of the passenger and the power steering pump is on the top side of the driver. Most of the 351w setups I see follow the same. With the supercharger going on the driver side, I'll obviously need to move the power steering pump to the passenger side down below the alternator or below the supercharger.

The question I have is, does someone sell a bracket setup for this or am I going to be stuck fabbing something on my own? I don't have AC (and don't plan to put it in) so if I can either put the power steering pump on the passenger side under the alternator or below the supercharger that obviously beats removing the power steering all together.

Any help on what others have done would be helpful - it seems as though every time I find a thread with pictures or links the links and pictures are dead! Thanks.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
I would call paxton and get the parts to mount the super on the passenger side. I believe you have to relocate the battery for the super to fit there though. Moving the steering pump would not be a great idea, now you have to route the hoses across the engine bay.

Carbureted Mustang Supercharger Systems | Paxton Superchargers

Two configurations are available: Passenger’s side mount, which allows the use of factory power steering and, the more traditional driver’s side mount that requires an alternator be included in place of a generator where applicable. For 1967-68 and 1969 351W passenger’s side mount systems, the Paxton battery relocation kit (#8N150-010) will be required.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
I have a paxton supercharger on my 65 it mounts on the passenger side.

I originally had a stock style power steering pump and later swapped to the krc unit so I know both will work. I did not relocate the battery. I am not sure if it is necessary for a 70. on the 65 I used a vortech turn tube to mount the air filter. I did have to shorten and modify it to fit without relocating the battery. but you might not need to.
Vortech Air Intake Tubes 4FG112-022 - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts