so i get about 180-220 miles a tank

shifting at 2500-3500 and not driving hard

shouldnt i get more

will steeda under drive pullies help

want else can i do

·
Registered
805 Posts
220 is about right about where I get too just as my light comes on. If you push that you can get somewhere around 250.

Yes, I have steeda udps and they will help, but nothing drastic.

·
Banned
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
somebody here said they get 350 with an auto gt

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Your 4:10's definatly wont help. Its better if ya just dont even bother figuring out mpg

·
Banned
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well what bout the udp thing

it frees up 8 hp i heard so wont it get me a little better gas

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
not trying to hijack...but would you get better gas mileage with a 93 octane vs stock 87 tune?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
i get around 220ish too. i drive mine like i stole it 35% of the time.

Just changed plugs and fuel filter.

We will see what i get now

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
not trying to hijack...but would you get better gas mileage with a 93 octane vs stock 87 tune?
no... 93 has NO benefit over anything less unless you have a tune for it, or your car is made to rune 93

·
Registered
41 Posts
Your 4:10's definatly wont help. Its better if ya just dont even bother figuring out mpg
+1
Nothing is gonna make a noticeable amount of difference in mileage as much as how you drive it. You bought a Mustang because you don't want to drive some stupid little Prius. Drive the **** out of it, have a good time doin it, and don't even stress over getting an extra 10-20 miles out of a tank!

·
Registered
461 Posts
i have gone 300 miles on one tank with shifting before what you suggested i forget the exact number but it took every ounce of strength not to give it gas haha. And i made it to 290 before the light came on. i average around 260 a tank and i have a cold air intake K&N My car is an O3 GT 5speed. just hit 50k

·
Registered
685 Posts
i get about 280-300 miles out of my tank and i drive it like its stolen 70% of the time lol but i try not to have less than 1/2 tank, have you guys noticed how after 1/2 tank it goes goes faster to empty lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
i have gone 300 miles on one tank with shifting before what you suggested i forget the exact number but it took every ounce of strength not to give it gas haha. And i made it to 290 before the light came on. i average around 260 a tank and i have a cold air intake K&N My car is an O3 GT 5speed. just hit 50k
And how fun is it to drive a stang like that i ask you??? I average around 230, I drive it like it's stolen about 70% of the time as well, and I've got 4.10s which do nothing for mileage. I did get over 300 miles (that's 22mpg!!!) going from LA to Vegas with no stops and going 80-85 (3,000+ rpm)

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
More information is needed. First... miles per tank is meaningless. Fill up your tank to the top and reset your trip meter. Drive until it is about empty. Refile your tank and record how many gallons it took. Divide the miles driven by the gallons. I get between 20-21 miles per gallon.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts