Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K so I was messen with my car today and came up apon my average mpg and it said 14.9, all I have preformace part I have is jba axl back and that's it, before I had it on I was getting17.5-18 mpg, is my reader right or wrong?, what's ur mph like????

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
My guess is that you keep on the gas a bit more to hear that lovely roar ( or so those around you hear it ) which would result in less MPG. This is the only explanation I could think of as axelbacks wont cut 3 mpg off your milage.

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
like 24 here

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Have you reset it all? Did you sit at idle for awhile? Keep in mind if you sit at idle your mpg goes down big time. I have to let my car warm up in the mornings now and my mpgs go from 20s to 14ish. I reset mine if I have been sitting and my mpg is still good.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Depends on where you drive too...I live in New York I got 10 in the city and 19 on the highway, with an auto, 4.10's, heavy 20's, intake tune, off road prochamber, stingers. I averaged about 14 mpg

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i have a 5 speed and when im just cruzien or going down hill i just pop in it nutral, would that be the cause??

·
Registered
480 Posts
When I was completely stock I got the same exact average in the city as I did after I put on my Magnaflows, 12-13 mpg, and best of 22.1 mpg during a 120 mile round trip. Keep in mind I've got 3.55's stock.

After putting on my intake, and bama performance 91 tune, I'm getting 16-17 mpg on average in the city and running the car way harder than I was before 24/7, and I've gotten a best of 22.3 mpg on the same trip on the highway.

I always saw guys here saying they got 19 or so in the city, but I could never get near that before. I also remember two guys here that had completely stock s197 GT's and were getting 8 or so mpg city, and they said they both drove in normal manner.

·
At the Apex pulling 1.28g
6,578 Posts
I'm a stock 09 GT with 5 speed manual, I get 21.5-22 city and 27-28 highway with the 3.55 LSD. In the city I dont exactly drive like a grandma, definetly get it up to 3-4k often... what are YOU doing? :p

If I baby the throttle and shift at 2.5k RPM I get about 22-22.5 city... :eek:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm a stock 09 GT with 5 speed manual, I get 21.5-22 city and 27-28 highway with the 3.55 LSD. In the city I dont exactly drive like a grandma, definetly get it up to 3-4k often... what are YOU doing? :p

honestly i dont do anything crazy that often, i sift out of first at about 3k, the 2nd at about 3k, then 3d at about 2,7k, then 4th at 40mph, 5th at around 55 or 60mph,

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
How many miles are on the car? What kind of maintenance do you do? What kind of gas do you run in the car? When was the last time you changed the fuel filter? Make sure the e-brake isn't sticking. It happens quite often on these cars. There's a ton of things that could be causing this. Kind of sad though seeing as how I get roughly 18 mpg in my car. I originally got about 22 mpg.

how??!!! what a super charger or tourbo
How would that make you get better fuel economy? :confused:

·
Registered
480 Posts

Redline shifts basically every 3 out of 4 times I'm driving the car and give it gas.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I reset all my **** whenever I fill up, unless I'm trying to track it specifically for a reason. Anyways my mileage per tank has been as low as 14.3 and as high as 19.8. Mileage is dependant on a variety of things and can change drastically with the amount of variables involved. If you want to be accurate you have to track it over a period of time, the longer the more accurate. I think a good time fram would be 3 or 4 tanks or 1000 or so miles. This will allow all of the varaibles time to average out.

·
Registered
548 Posts
i got 26 mpg on a road trip to VA w/ 4.10 cruising around 70-80 but thats the highest its been. normaly its 22-24 on the open stretches and 16-18 in the city (driving on base dosent help with the super slow speeds and short little trips i have to do duirng the day)

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
i regularly average 26-27mpg on the highway. i've seen it as high as 30mpg when i'm really pussy footin it. i get about 19 in the city.

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Last 3 tank fulls before I put her away for the winter - 10 to 11mpg city. I was beating her like a red headed step child and she did not dissappoint.

Highway with cruis control set at 65 I will not do any better than 20 mpg. Cut back to 55-60mph and it moves to 22 or so.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I usually get about 18-20 driving to work and about 22-23 on the highway. I got about 12 on the last trip to the track.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts