Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well im curious, how many miles is everyone getting per tank? I am getting about 240-260(17mpg). I hear some people get around 21 mpg on city driving and I'm wondering how?. I tried to get better fuel management by adding a CAI and tuner but that didnt really help and im still getting about 17mpg in the city and dont really drive my car too hard. What is everyone getting per tank and what have you done or doing to get better gas mileage?

·
Registered
112 Posts
i was getting about 17/18 with a little highway, got my tuner and i've been getting 19.5 on the performance tune from AM. and i'm the opposite of going easy on it lol. My dad said it best if you are getting a performance tune to get more power and you can only get good gas mileage if you drive easy then why get a tune?

·
Registered
481 Posts
I'm getting 20-21 in the city and I think 27-28 on the highway. Haven't checked on that but the only mod that I have is the K&N air filter. I also let off the gas a lot to conserve fuel.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Overall, I get about 21-23 per tank which equals about 325-350 miles for 15 gallons.

I have a CAI and 87 octane performance tune currently installed.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Around 16mpg with the 93 race tune and 3.73. Now I'm back to the 87 street tune and am around 20mpg

·
Registered
597 Posts
93 Race Tune/JLT average 22mpg 70%city/30%highway Driving like I stole it!

Before the CAI/Tune close to 18/19 also driven like I stole it. Highway was closer to 28/30 mpg. But havn't been on any long trips in a while.

·
Registered
247 Posts
i have a catback, jlt and 93 octane tune. i get 21-24 city and like 25-26 highway.....and i drive like an ass alot lol. even in the winter where i was constant 5 grand spinning my tires in the snow every where i hit 24 mpg :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
wow! so on 87 does about 15 mpg all around sound right i mean i upgraded to 18X9 in wheels with 235's so i expected a drop but not that big i figured the manitrani would help too and im a moderate driver

·
Registered
597 Posts
wow! so on 87 does about 15 mpg all around sound right i mean i upgraded to 18X9 in wheels with 235's so i expected a drop but not that big i figured the manitrani would help too and im a moderate driver
Dude Im running 20" rims 255/35/20 up front and 275/35/20 out back, also manual transmission, you need a tune up bad.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am running a 91 octane performance tune and get 24 mpg average. Its difficult to drive moderately with a manual transmission, your right foot and right arm develop a life of their own.

·
Registered
584 Posts
That doesn't sound right. Have you changed your fuel filter lately?

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
lol, silly 6ers (nothing wrong with that, my first car was a 3.8)....my gt gets similar/better mpg

·
Registered
316 Posts
yea i get about 17 mpg my foot and the pedal have a passionate love affair and my car is automatic.

·
Registered
60 Posts
That doesn't sound right. Have you changed your fuel filter lately?
ummm no i havent i only have about 18,500 miles on mine cause 90% of my driving is on the street very little freeway... about what miles should you change it?

your right foot and right arm develop a life of their own.
and i have to totally agree with this one second cruising next second boosting lol

and sorry didnt mean to jack the thread everyone

·
Registered
584 Posts
ummm no i havent i only have about 18,500 miles on mine cause 90% of my driving is on the street very little freeway... about what miles should you change it?
I didn't see your car was a '09 but around every 30k. Can't be that dirty yet

·
Registered
597 Posts
fuel filter change is every 30k, stock air filter should be changed at 15,000 or good idea to clean CAI filters too every 15,000

1 - 18 of 18 Posts