Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is probably be asked a million times but i couldnt find it in search, Im pretty sure im going 4.10's again but this time i got a manual and i really want my top end speed to be there still, so i was woundering what MPH 4th gear ended at with 4.10's and 3.73? Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Registered
998 Posts
It all depends on how much power you car makes and your setup if your talking about 1/4 mile trap speed. or are you talking about like 5th gear on the highway? need some more info.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol cant have 107 in 4th i might have to go 3.73

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
you can always run a taller tire. For instance if you ran a 28" or a 27" i think you gain like 7mph with each inch

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
4.10's will increase your top end mph

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
4.10's will increase your top end mph
No they wont...not at all. they take away from your mph. That might be the dumbest thing i've read on this forum in a long time

·
Registered
70 Posts
yeah they do not increase your mph with a steeper gear. However dont worry about higher speeds. Go for the "fun" aspect of it and get the 4.10's. You wont regret them.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
why would i have to change my name considering i had a gt with 4.10's when i created this account.

·
Drag Queen
985 Posts
No they wont...not at all. they take away from your mph. That might be the dumbest thing i've read on this forum in a long time
he is correct maybe he worded it wrong, it will help you reach your theoretical top speed faster.. realistically nobody is going 160 in 5th gear on a stock mustang, but if you put 4.10's in you will get to 160mph in 5th gear. your theoretical top max speed will be lower yes, but that is about 200mph so your car is now limited (not that you are going to hit it) to 190 instead of 200.. it does actually help you on top they will also increase your top end 1/4 mph.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
He is talking about 4th gear if you check the original post. No one races into 5th. with a .67 ratio there isn't a point. In 4th gear he is going to top out faster therefore his mph will be lower.

·
Registered
800 Posts
granted no one races into 5th but who cares if your in it for less then 2 secs.. it also all depends on where you shift.. read that post a lil deeper ur not limited to 107

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
its just i race my bros srt-4 sometimes on the interstate in my old mustang and i would hit about 110 and then go into OD but i cant have this with this gt i wanted more MPH before i hit OD

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
i take it to 6k with my 4.10's and go to 111 mph...cams soon=revving to 6200 so should pick up a few mph in fourth gear

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Chad is right, hes talking about trap speeds in the 1/4. you will trap high mph with 4.10s than you will 3.73s

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
he is correct maybe he worded it wrong, it will help you reach your theoretical top speed faster.. realistically nobody is going 160 in 5th gear on a stock mustang, but if you put 4.10's in you will get to 160mph in 5th gear. your theoretical top max speed will be lower yes, but that is about 200mph so your car is now limited (not that you are going to hit it) to 190 instead of 200.. it does actually help you on top they will also increase your top end 1/4 mph.
my car with 4.10's is about at redlineat 150mph

1 - 20 of 25 Posts