Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I have an '86 rollercam engine. the original TFI distributor was removed before i got the engine and replaced with a cheapy chinese HEI noname .. anyway .. im going back to EFI using megasquirt it will be a custom setup .. i dont need a dizzy with a tfi module and needs to be simple and just send a signal.. the MSD8455 is basic and NO Module BUT says its for 94-95 model cars with REMOTE module ..

would this fit in my 86 block? does it specify a 94-95 because these cars had remote modules? and for a 86 factory setup would not work obviously .. but in my case im not going factory 86 setup ..

would it work "physically" disregarding the electronics side as this will be custom

cheers for any feedback ..

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,965 Posts
You need to ask megasquirt what to use, last i checked those were plug n play utilizing all stock sensors and ignition. The ignition is independent of the computer on most dist cars, just an fyi. In other words the car will start with computer control removed from the ign system. Check with megasquirt to verify.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to ask megasquirt what to use, last i checked those were plug n play utilizing all stock sensors and ignition. The ignition is independent of the computer on most dist cars, just an fyi. In other words the car will start with computer control removed from the ign system. Check with megasquirt to verify.
thanks mate, yep they already said i could use that one or the equivalent with the module (i think its 8456) either would work with the system but i was more after if it will physically go in my block cause it states 94-95

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,965 Posts
Yes, all blocks are the same 62 to 2000. They say 94-5 because the tfi module is remote mounted and the ignition wiring is completely different.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, all blocks are the same 62 to 2000. They say 94-5 because the tfi module is remote mounted and the ignition wiring is completely different.
Ok great!! .. thank you very much for clarifying for me and the info .. i didnt know that.. thats why i thought its best to ask the experts.

Cheers mate :D

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,965 Posts
Ok great!! .. thank you very much for clarifying for me and the info .. i didnt know that.. thats why i thought its best to ask the experts.

Cheers mate :D
No worries.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts