Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had bad luck with the MT-82 transmission in my 2013 Mustang 5.0 now for the last 3 years since I purchased the car. It is now on its 5th transmission all replaced under warranty work...but now the car is out of warranty and the third and fourth synchronizers have gone out. I am going to replace the transmission with yet another MT-82 transmission, but i was wondering if there was a way to put the 2015 MT-82 in the car. Is the transmission going to mount the same, or will there problems along the way? Thanks!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Holy crap, there is no way I'd put another stock build mt-82 with that kinda luck. I'd either have your's built or put in a different trans all together.

·
the U of A
1,308 Posts
you're on your fifth tranny?!?! holy **** lol. if i were you, i'd skip the mt-82 crap and go for a t-56 magnum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only reason I kept getting stock ones, we the warranty work at my local ford dealer. They for some reason kept replacing it with no questions asked. But this time around I found a wrecked 2015 gt manual and was going to take the new one and put it in. I am hoping that with the new bronze shift forks and aluminum pieces it will hold up a little longer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just don't want to drop the ball and spend 5000 for a new transmission. The next go around I will do it. But I already have a spec stage 3 clutch, exedy racing lightweight flywheel, slave cylinder, and blow fish bracket for the mt82...that is all uninstalled..

·
Registered
856 Posts
I just don't want to drop the ball and spend 5000 for a new transmission. The next go around I will do it. But I already have a spec stage 3 clutch, exedy racing lightweight flywheel, slave cylinder, and blow fish bracket for the mt82...that is all uninstalled..
No i hear ya on that. I would think it would work without issues but I am not sure. I'd call rev auto

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
5th? **** that. Yank all that **** out of there, buy a T56 magnum swap from JPC, sell all the MT82 stuff.

I'm on my 3rd now, and there is not a chance in hell another is going in this car. T56 or 6R80 will be replacing it.

Reactions: kdaly1

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
To answer your question yes it will fit, just make sure you swap over your shifter assembly

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally the answer I wad looking for. And what do you mean by shifter assembly. The whole shifter arm, or just the shifter?

·
the U of A
1,308 Posts
i would assume the shifter arm as well

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
Why not send yours out to Ben Calimer for a rebuild and upgrade?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
dang, i hope you get all your questions awnsered. I daily my car. ive got about 70k miles and i beat on it alot... plus my car was built in march 2010... not one transmission issue to date

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
dang, i hope you get all your questions awnsered. I daily my car. ive got about 70k miles and i beat on it alot... plus my car was built in march 2010... not one transmission issue to date
Well I can tell you this: From my experiences with my car, I'll never buy a first year model again.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Finally the answer I wad looking for. And what do you mean by shifter assembly. The whole shifter arm, or just the shifter?
All of it.

The 2015 center console is different due to the cup holders being offset finally, so if you put in that trans without your shifter it will be offset left and you wont be able to get into reverse

·
the U of A
1,308 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
I had one go without provocation at about 10K but, I can't imagine how anyone could go through 5 of these. post rebuild by Ford, it was fine, including 100+ dragstrip passes on slicks.

That said...post wreck, I went auto on my new car as well :)

·
Mr. Stangarang
2,620 Posts
To answer your question yes it will fit, just make sure you swap over your shifter assembly
Correct, just take everything off your old transmission and swap it over.

Also, five transmissions seems awfully suspicious. Lacking driver mod?

Reactions: kdaly1
1 - 20 of 24 Posts