Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how long will these be able to sit without them being worthless. i'm going back to the desert and will be gone for over a year. should i keep them or just try to get rid of them before i go.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
keep them. Shouldn't be any problems with them...

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
store them out of the sun. put tire shine 0n the walls for storage.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
store them out of the sun. put tire shine 0n the walls for storage.
Do NOT put tire shine, or any other type of cleaning agent, show agent... or any bullshit from a bottle on your tires for storage. Keeping them out of the sun, in a cool garage will be fine. Be sure to jack the rear of the car up to take the weight off of them.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they aren't on the car. they are sitting on the ground mounted on the wheels. i'm guessing letting the air out of them is also a good idea.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Do NOT put tire shine, or any other type of cleaning agent, show agent... or any bullshit from a bottle on your tires for storage. Keeping them out of the sun, in a cool garage will be fine. Be sure to jack the rear of the car up to take the weight off of them.
i thought tire shine actually helps moisten the tire... keeps them from cracking

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
they aren't on the car. they are sitting on the ground mounted on the wheels. i'm guessing letting the air out of them is also a good idea.
Oh, well in that case just let the air out of them, and you should be good.

i thought tire shine actually helps moisten the tire... keeps them from cracking
The tire naturally has oils in its compounds. If its kept in a climate controlled garage, away from direct sunlight, it will not dry out or dry rott. Putting tire shine or any other tire cleaning agents actually help to promote dry rotting once they finaly evaporate. Its like wetting a peice of paper... once it drys, its brittle and weak.. far less weak than it was before it had been exposed to the water. Ive had lots of people come in and ask about this over the years. Ive seen alot of tires have side wall damage after prolonged storage because they would spray some junk in a bottle on them. Its better to just avoid it all together if your not going to use the tires.

·
Registered
209 Posts
You should give them to me is what you should do!!!

:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts