Modded Mustang Forums banner

MT on Mustang easier than other cars?

760 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ZEN357 
#1 ·
Just thought I'd see the general opinion of people who daily a MT Mustang (preferably s550) and have found other MT cars to feel really weird in comparison.

My 2015 3.7 requires barely any effort to drive at low speeds, I just let out the clutch smoothly and the car corrects the revs for up/downshifting within about 200 rpms without much fuss. However other MT cars I've driven (BRZ, BMW 328i) seem to require much more effort to smoothly operate at low speeds. If the revs aren't perfectly correct even for upshifting, it's very jerky and not smooth. I've even noticed the drivers of those cars trying to do too much while driving my car, making it much less smooth. I've driven a MT Veloster that was easier than my stang, but I'm assuming that it's less of a "driver's car" than the other two.

It's worth noting that my car felt just as easy to drive on the day I got it as it does now. So has anyone else noticed the newer Mustangs to be more forgiving/easier to drive? Is this just a result of having more low end torque than the other cars?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.