Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went ahead and took of the mufflers and it sounds pretty good, really just to test it out I may still put the mufflers back on.

However the driver side exhaust pipe hang lower then the passenger and bounces against the brace right in front of the rear sway bar. It's extremely annoying so I was wondering if anyone has any ideas? What or where can I fasten this hanging pipe too and what can I use that won't light on fire. Or perhaps I knocked the pipe off a mounting place somewhere near the front of the vehicle.

Thought I would pick your brains until I wake up and read your replies tomorrow.

Thanks in advance comrades.

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
I went ahead and took of the mufflers and it sounds pretty good, really just to test it out I may still put the mufflers back on.

However the driver side exhaust pipe hang lower then the passenger and bounces against the brace right in front of the rear sway bar. It's extremely annoying so I was wondering if anyone has any ideas? What or where can I fasten this hanging pipe too and what can I use that won't light on fire. Or perhaps I knocked the pipe off a mounting place somewhere near the front of the vehicle.

Thought I would pick your brains until I wake up and read your replies tomorrow.

Thanks in advance comrades.
Ive been under there and its only hanger is for the muffler. Get under it, sway it to see how it moves and you should be able to fashion something to fix it. Also, what mods(If any) do you have done.

Oh BTW,

Where is the vid of the muffler delete?!?!

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
You like the muffler delete? God it was way too LOUD!

Make some straight pipes coming out of the rear. I did this, but lost a good amount of low end power so I welded up some Flowmaster Super 44's instead.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
sounds good below 2k, after that when you get on lots of pop/higher pitched

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually like the popping sound after downshifting or when i rev it up. Its honestly grown on me but yeah that **** it LOUD.

I went to AutoZone and got a 5ft universal exhaust pipe hangar and i was able to secure it for the most part. It'll knock when i hit a hard part in the road going fairly fast other then that its g2g. I'll get a vid up for you tomorrow.

How do the Flowmasters sound? I know a place around here willing to weld in flows for 250$.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
You wanna talk about loud, when I started up my car after the header/xpipe install damn was it loud. I have flows but like I said I also have LT's and an xpipe so idk what they will sound like stock.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You wanna talk about loud, when I started up my car after the header/xpipe install damn was it loud. I have flows but like I said I also have LT's and an xpipe so idk what they will sound like stock.
I know i'm being lazy and not searching but where is your exhaust vid!! :cool:

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
There she be.

·
I'm cool..
2,277 Posts
I just went to home depot and bought this sort of rubber with one side which is sticky and the other side is pure rubber. I just wrapped the entire sway bar with the rubber and there is no noise. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts