Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Between these two which one is louder and cleaner sounding ?Right now i am running JBA axle backs they really bring out the sound of my blower but a little quiet if you ask me,i thought about getting a muffler delete and then welding some pypes m80s in later but don't want to spend any more cash on exhaust than i already spent after its all said and done .I was told boomtubes are good or mac axle backs, others seem to love the mufflers of the mid muffler system any input on this.I can have a muffler delete custom made but no one here has a mandrel bender plus at the price so far i think it would be better to get the better piping and bends.

·
MM's Resident Muffler Shop
3,048 Posts
First off, what else do you have exhaust wise?

If you're stock I definitly think the Boomtubes sound better than the Mac axlebacks (as long as you have an X pipe) and they will definitly be louder. Its not a huge difference, but its noticable.

Now that my exhaust is finished the car is rediculously loud. Most people like the tone but think I'm crazy. But I'm ok w/ that, its what i wanted. I'll try to get a clip or 2 of the car this weekend and post em

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think i will install the glass packs and work from there.I have an off road h pipe that i will use.I don't know man.Yes exhaust is stock except axle backs.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Deletes

I like my PYPES deletes and my bud is running BOOM TUBES wich sound better to me but at the time Brenspeed shipped my Pypes axel delete for my 2006 GT at the time for a little over $200 bones when I put my rear gears in I 'm going to Long Tube Xpipe and Boom Tube it and the flow I know will be nice and U said you have a blower then a little HP increase to boot its all about the $$$ MACS they make a nice piece wich will make a good note through out were as well as the Kooks and the 3inch polished tips make for a nice finish and compliment the car!

·
3,048 Posts
I like my PYPES deletes and my bud is running BOOM TUBES wich sound better to me but at the time Brenspeed shipped my Pypes axel delete for my 2006 GT at the time for a little over $200 bones when I put my rear gears in I 'm going to Long Tube Xpipe and Boom Tube it and the flow I know will be nice and U said you have a blower then a little HP increase to boot its all about the $$$ MACS they make a nice piece wich will make a good note through out were as well as the Kooks and the 3inch polished tips make for a nice finish and compliment the car!
Not trying to threadjack or anything, but how long has your friend had his boomtubes? Has he noticed any rusting or anything? I have a couple small spots on the lips that have a little rust

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
shouldve bought the stainless steel axle backs like me :D

·
3,048 Posts
Why? So that it would be quieter? That would have defeated the purpose of what I want. Plus, all the carbon coming out is making them black anyways... time to get some high temp engine paint and finish the job

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well i had pypes violators on the car and i liked them.Spoke with pypes tech service because the mufflers has cracks at the welds and rusting they are supposed to be stainless steel w lifetime warranty and they said that shouldn't happen so take some pictures send them my receipt and see what can be done.Violators are straight through mufflers i wonder if i get a splice in x how they would sound.So are you guys saying the boomtubes is louder than the Mac axle backs.

·
3,048 Posts
Yeah, the boom tubes are definitly louder. They're muffler deletes that have baffels in them to give you a nice growl

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I don't have any experience with boomtubes personally, but I did have the Magnaflow Magnapaks first and later switched to the Mac axlebacks. I have full exhaust and really like the Macs w/X-pipe over the Magnapaks w/X-pipe. The Macs have a deeper/throatier sound to them as opposed to the horrible drone with the Magnapaks. My Macs sound even better with the H-pipe now in my opinion too.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I don't have any experience with boomtubes personally, but I did have the Magnaflow Magnapaks first and later switched to the Mac axlebacks. I have full exhaust and really like the Macs w/X-pipe over the Magnapaks w/X-pipe. The Macs have a deeper/throatier sound to them as opposed to the horrible drone with the Magnapaks. My Macs sound even better with the H-pipe now in my opinion too.
So, you are saying the magnapaks have more drone than the MACs? I have never been in a car with MACs so I don't know how bad the drone is. I know my magnapaks drone but to me it's barely noticeable.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
yeah, the magnapaks had way more drone and booming/trumpeting sound. I have Kooks LTs and had the x-pipe on then though. I am way happier with the Macs, even more so when I switched to an H-pipe.

·
Registered
337 Posts
IMO strait pipes sound like **** on our cars unless you have cams and other heavy work. even at that there will be very little performance difference between strait pipes and an actualy muffler. Then add in the fact that some companies want like $300+ and all you really get are 2 short tubes, 2 tips, and some wire for hanging them. TOTAL ripoff IMO when you can just go to your local muffler shop or even weld up your own for way less.

as far as the type of muffler I have gone through and sampled several brands by listening to them on other cars. I think the macs sound pretty badass and really have thier own unique tone.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Here is an in car vid of my setup just cruizin around. My setup is not finished, but this is what I have so far. Stock cats, Removed the mufflers and fabed up tailpipes using 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust tubing.
turn up the volume, its kinda hard to hear

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I heard a full MAC set-up yesterday. MAC L/T, O/R prochamber and MAC axlebacks. It sounded awesome. If you didn't see the car but only heard it, you would be able to tell it's a mustang. Now did it sound better than mine...that's debatable. It would be like comparing Miss June to Miss July or a Hot Latina to a Hot Asian. Now I am thinking of MACs and running them for a few months. To the OP, MACs>Muffler delete.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts