Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 mustang GT whith an H pipe I have it cut off at rear wheels. What is the best muffler to put on for a deep sound and horse power

·
Registered
0 Posts
If you can afford it I like the sound of a Borla mufflers. They don't resinate like the flowmaster. Unfortunatly have not been able to afford them. My 84 lx 5.0 has flowmasters (40 series). It sounds good but way loud. My 90 gt has dyno max mufflers. Mellow sound but not as cool sounding. maybe the best bet is like some 50 series flowmasters. One word of advise is if you have annual state checks. Is to do what I did. have header flanges welded to both ends of your mufflers with a length of pipe say 6 inchs on either side. then when it comes time for you annual smog(sound) check you can bolt in different mufflers. I have 6 cars I do this with and it works very well. keep big brother off your back good luck

·
Registered
0 Posts
If you can afford it I like the sound of a Borla mufflers. They don't resinate like the flowmaster. Unfortunatly have not been able to afford them. My 84 lx 5.0 has flowmasters (40 series). It sounds good but way loud. My 90 gt has dyno max mufflers. Mellow sound but not as cool sounding. maybe the best bet is like some 50 series flowmasters. One word of advise is if you have annual state checks. Is to do what I did. have header flanges welded to both ends of your mufflers with a length of pipe say 6 inchs on either side. then when it comes time for you annual smog(sound) check you can bolt in different mufflers. I have 6 cars I do this with and it works very well. keep big brother off your back good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts