Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the pypes violator catback with upr o/r x, but im just ready for change as far as mufflers go. ive looked all over youtube and just cant decide what i like the best. what do you all think sounds the best i want something more unique than flowmasters however i have considerd super 44's but it just seem like every other mustang in my area has flows

·
Registered
50 Posts
loud and obnoxious - slp lm1
deep - flows or borla

Can't go wrong with flows! I had em, but fell for the loudness of slp lol

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
i say borla if you can afford it,i have it on my truck and i love the sound of it,but i prefer mac or spintech on these cars if you can't afford borla

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
go with mac anything, flowmaster super 40's 44's or 10's, magnaflow magnapacks or borla stingers. If you wanna sound like a weedwacker on speed than go with slp lm1's. Had those with my O/R hpipe and it sounded like total **** its just noise no tone. If you keep your stock manifolds than LM1's sound pretty good but not with an O/R H or X pipe.

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
I have been looking and debating on different exhausts, and what I found was that with an offroad x pipe or h pipe, if you dont want that shitty sounding rasp when you let off the gas, go with a chambered muffler like the flowmaster. Here is a pretty good comparison video...

IMO, this is my favorite exhuast setup I've heard.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've got Borla Stingers with my o/r x pipe and I wouldn't change it for a second.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I have MAC Long tubes and a Lethal Performance X pipe. I looked at video after video trying to decide on a cat-back. I ended up going with an SLP Powerflo. The mufflers are straight through, so no power loss, and the sound is amazing. No rasp, quiet at cruising speeds, and really wakes up at 3000 rpm.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
I have been looking and debating on different exhausts, and what I found was that with an offroad x pipe or h pipe, if you dont want that shitty sounding rasp when you let off the gas, go with a chambered muffler like the flowmaster. Here is a pretty good comparison video...
YouTube - Mustang Exhaust Video

IMO, this is my favorite exhuast setup I've heard.
YouTube - 2004 Mustang GT w/ MAC longtubes, Catted Prochamber, Borla Stingers
CodyCat91,

That’s a well orchestrated comparison video. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I've got LT's an o/r X and Magnaflows, definitely sounds different than the flows. A little deeper, not "hollow" sounding, and not as raspy as the flowmasters.

I had flows and an o/r h on my old mustang, and definitely like the x and Magnaflows much better.

·
Registered
124 Posts
How was the fitment with the upr x? I have the stingers (they do sound amazing btw) but am looking at a catted x and upr is only $300 so I wanted to know if you had any issues with fitment or leaks.

·
Registered
508 Posts
go with MAC. Borla and Bassani sound amazing to just very expensive. i have macs and an upr o/r x and i love it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts