Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I usually don't post this kinds of threads, but there are way too many choices in the S197 exhaust market to decide :confused:

I'm getting my cut and clamp x pipe put on next week and currently I have the pypes muffler deletes on the car. Now its loud enough on a cold start as it is, so I'll assume it will be obnoxious with the x pipe. I still have the factory cats and mid pipe as well.

I have no problem getting mufflers again to replace the deletes, so if anyone has a suggestion for a good sound, I appreciate it.

Thanks

PS - I REALLY love this sound, but am wondering if the FRPP will be anything similar to the
??

·
Registered
288 Posts
Its hard isn't it. That clip is one of the best I've heard of the billion I've listened to, however I just read the reviews on AM for JBA and they are not that good.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
think there have been 2 other threads in the last week with the same ?

that said you'll love the xpipe. will quiet down the drone you are likely getting when cruising, it will be louder out back with just a touch of rasp, and it will actually be quieter inside the car. well at least that's what it did when i added the frpp x

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Believe it or not, I had more drone with the Flowmasters than the deletes.
I saw the other x pipe thread, too. I hate double posting like that, but I couldn't get any usable suggestions out of the posts about what I wanted.

I wonder how the pypes exhaust that I have would sound without the 4" tips on? Maybe would quiet down the 'trumpeting' it seems to project?
Anyone try that?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I guess I do too ;-)

·
MM's Resident Muffler Shop
3,048 Posts
I guessing the deletes you have are the rip off of the boomtubes. If so, then you pretty much have the setup I started with. No it will not be obnoxiously loud. It will stay exactly the same. Its just going to change the tone, get rid of some of the drone and add some rasp (like psycho bob said)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guessing the deletes you have are the rip off of the boomtubes. If so, then you pretty much have the setup I started with. No it will not be obnoxiously loud. It will stay exactly the same. Its just going to change the tone, get rid of some of the drone and add some rasp (like psycho bob said)
Well that wouldn't be the worst thing. I'll just wait until its on on go from there.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Its hard isn't it. That clip is one of the best I've heard of the billion I've listened to, however I just read the reviews on AM for JBA and they are not that good.
JBAs do sound good. They have a nice mellow tone at idle and crusing but are LOUD at wot. I ran them for almost a year. A friend of mine has o/r X, JBAs and hot rod cams and his car sounds pure evil.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts