Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So obviously no big deal, they're mufflers (its all about sound preference IMO) but anyways.... when i went to get my kooks headers and x-pipe installed at AMP (all mustang performance) and they all were talkin trash on my flowmaster super 40 mufflers.

his argument: something about how chambered vs. somethin or other in the design and how Flowmaster is designed for mostly sound and no performance when someone like Bassani would get me more HP.

And flowmaster claims (until now the Super 44) that the Super 40 is their highest horsepower muffler they got

and obviously AMP is a parts dealer, i know they're always lookin for money

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
Some people say this muffler is bad or that muffler is bad. Don't listen to it!
I think that the flow-masters mufflers are a good choice. As long as you don't use a glass pack you will not be disappointed, with all the top brand mufflers

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
there isn't gonna be a big HP difference with different mufflers. 1 or 2 probably tops. If you like the flows then stick with them, not worth buying anything else.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
The amount of HP to between mufflers on these car is maybe 2-3. Personally I think that Flows sound like ass on these cars. I think Bassani sounds awesome with an x-pipe on these cars. Check out the exhaust sound thread to hear some clips.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts