Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so im taking out the back seat spare tire carpet radio amps speakers who make's a manual rack and pinion for our cars? i did a quick search on 50resto and didnt find any. also im going to take the ac compressor and all out.

anything else i miss besides the rear sway bars? has anyone else done this? how much weight did you all lose? my car came from the factory with out traction control and abs how much does that weigh? can we convert our cars to manual windows vs power? thanks all!

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
power seat wieghs a lot

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Loose the rear swaybar and quad shocks, get a tubular front end

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
if you ditch the rear sway i'd suggest LCA and ARB

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
I came in at 3350 with all acc in with a 1/2 tank, and I have all options, dont know if this helps but it was what I was at, nearly 50/50 weight dist.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
second thought, how about u just ditch the back seat and bring a gas can and make your runs at 1/8 tank?

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
Get lighter front seats. The weight of the driver's power seat is just unreal. Tubular K and coil-over supsension helps a lot but it's pricey for a good setup.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'd get a manual slider for your drivers seat and ditch the rear seat and trunk liner but leave the spare, you need a little bit of weight on the rear. Also you can pull the metal plate out in your lower steering column cover if you haven't already. But honestly one of the biggest change you could make is getting some lighter wheels, I'd suggest some 99 cobra of "starfish" GT wheels. You can shed up to 40LBS there and 40LBS of rotational mass is huge, you'll definitely feel that. Mines a 98 but all together I've pulled around 100ish pounds off recently

·
Registered
670 Posts
Yup, if you got time get a heat gun and scrape all the sound deadener off the trunk, floorpan and whatnot, it's gotta be close to 30 or 40 lbs.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
don't waist your time on the manual windows. while they would work from a 94-98, the manual regulator is heavier than the power one.

skip the manual rack as well because the pump goes into neutral when the car is going straight & the only real weight savings you'll get is the pound or two from the lines.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i forgot to say this is going to be a track only car im taking it off the street.. also i have granatelli upper an lowers but ive heard there not very good should i sell these and not waste my time or slap them on and run till they break?

also on the rims im going to get some prostars, and i also have a cervinia cobra r 95style hood not sure if it weighs any less then factory though? thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
also i have granatelli upper an lowers but ive heard there not very good should i sell these and not waste my time or slap them on and run till they break?
since you haven't obviously seen the damage done to a car when a susp. part fails, all I can say is don't skimp on parts for a drag car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts