Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody out there got any homemade mods you did on your own, stemming from your own creativity, and beaming with the passion that is the mustang?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My DIY Projects:

^^ Controls red interior lighting i installed

^^ Metal emblem i got at a swap meet looks off center but its not

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
I don't even know where to begin so lets start at the front of the car.

Color matched headlight buckets. I'm not sure that everyone can do this depending on the color of your car. I think some colors may not look that good, but it worked with my Satin Silver and black theme.

While I was in there I removed the ugly black cap/shield over the bulb.

Color matched mirror covers

Custom switch panel to control the auxilary cooling system (high speed fan and water pump). This enables me to run the cooling system with the motor off. You can hot lap without heat soak issues.

Activated

Color matched interior accents, center counsole and sail panels. Incidentely matches the vent pods/louvers and the exterior color of my car. Also custom painted SHR shifter bezel and cup holder bezels.

It's not really a DIY but I swapped out the handle of the TCI shifter so that I could retain the OD button on the handle instead of where TCI decided to relocate it.

I took the factory custom/mistake window switch panel and turned it into a trunk release button.

Added foam tape to the accelerator pedal arm to get rid of the dead spot in the pedal caused by the DBW throttle set up. This provides instant throttle response with no lag. I replaced the foam tape with a more permanent lead tape.

Let's not forget the mobil "rave," or interior "mood" lighting.

Custom grill screens for my Cervini's lower side scoops.

I also have a traction control monkey. I don't have a pic as they are rather shy, but when I start my car, he automatically turns off the traction control. Having the monkey is better than turning it off in the tune because you still retain control and can turn it on whenever you want, plus you don't have the squirrely skid marks lit up on the dash.

There are tons of more custom stuff that I have done, but it is more of off the shelf kind of stuff.

If anyone needs links to any of this stuff, just let me know or do a search from my profile.

Reactions: Taxman

·
2011 September ROTM
1,868 Posts
My DIY Projects:

^^ Controls red interior lighting i installed

^^ Metal emblem i got at a swap meet looks off center but its not
looks like its not quite flush and would be a pain with your arm on it (probably would burn your arm alittle in a az summer here :cool: )

·
Registered
44 Posts
07 Boss - sweet stuff you have done there!!! Do you have any electrical diagrams that you used for the engine cooling switches or can explain how you went about doing it??

dalton2021, do you have the interior lighting coming on with just the switch? or with the dome lights also?

I am working on a the same thing with blue LED lights in the foot-wells, so they will come on with the dome lights when you open the doors and with an additional switch where they will fade on and fade off. Hopefully I will find time to finish this by May and when I do Ill post some pics...

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
07 Boss - sweet stuff you have done there!!! Do you have any electrical diagrams that you used for the engine cooling switches or can explain how you went about doing it??

dalton2021, do you have the interior lighting coming on with just the switch? or with the dome lights also?

I am working on a the same thing with blue LED lights in the foot-wells, so they will come on with the dome lights when you open the doors and with an additional switch where they will fade on and fade off. Hopefully I will find time to finish this by May and when I do Ill post some pics...
I believe in the center console the switch for the automatic shifter lighting is in manual and auto cars. I looked in mine and saw it. You can wire lights into this switch and they come on when you have the dome lights on or the dash lights. As long as you aim them right they shouldnt be a problem. I have 4 lights I bought for pretty cheap on ebay but I might not do them. Possibly under the drivers and passenger seats just for a little effect but thats it.

·
3v reppin'
3,454 Posts
Dude... 07 Boss... that's some sick ****. Way cool man.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Painted Valve Covers, removed the oil fill tube, trimmed shaker:

LED swap:

Also painted brake calipers: (can kind of see the rear one in this pic)

·
babe, let's get packed
2,034 Posts
sorry, brake calipers don't count. :no

unless I can take credit for the eject button ~ only works in convertibles ;)

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
if you have the patients you can paint pretty much anything

spend a few bucks on either braided color matched cable or the color tubing and clean up the engine bay.

BOSS helped me big time with wiring in the ambient lighting which led me to be able to hook up custom illuminated door sill plates also. dont have those pics yet

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
My exhaust hanger was rattling against the pipe itself, (common issue) so stuck a 3" strip of serpentine belt in between 'em. Does that count custom?

·
Registered
13,628 Posts

No diagrams. Basically I used a fuse wire from the battery to the switch in the middle. from there I ran it through each of the other switchs and ran one to the relay on my electric water pump and the other to the high speed fan motor (I think it was green and violet, down by the harness that runs to the fan behind the passenger headlight area. But I will have to actually go out and look at it to be sure).

As far ar the lighting I have mine hooked up piggy back style from my lighted sill plates. They come on as all the other interior lighting, either with the door open or the dimmer switch. My lighted sill plates are wired to the dome lights via wires in the passenger A-pillar. Positive goes to the black/lt blue wire and ground goes to the yellow/green wire.

·
3v reppin'
3,454 Posts
No diagrams. Basically I used a fuse wire from the battery to the switch in the middle. from there I ran it through each of the other switchs and ran one to the relay on my electric water pump and the other to the high speed fan motor (I think it was green and violet, down by the harness that runs to the fan behind the passenger headlight area. But I will have to actually go out and look at it to be sure).

As far ar the lighting I have mine hooked up piggy back style from my lighted sill plates. They come on as all the other interior lighting, either with the door open or the dimmer switch. My lighted sill plates are wired to the dome lights via wires in the passenger A-pillar. Positive goes to the black/lt blue wire and ground goes to the yellow/green wire.
Where did you find lighted sill plates?

·
3v reppin'
3,454 Posts
Cancel that... Google is my friend.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I boxed my control arms with 1/8 stainless steel, stock ride no wheel hop:D

1 - 20 of 99 Posts