Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I dont think it would be categorized as durability but its the ****. I'd like to inform you all that my car started fine at -50 degrees with not being plugged in.
Gotta love global warming

And 99-04 mustangs haha :D

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
That was a most uplifting post. I almost feel as if I live in a sunshine state. At 6:00 tonight it was almost 50. Of course this is Indiana. The tempature has now dropped 20 degrees and its expected to get to single digits tonight.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol what?
its quite an accomplishment to have your car start at -58 Fahrenheit

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ive had the battery since i bought it, so for 2 years.

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
hmmz. Well then. I had my 1988 Freightliner with a 400 Big Cam 3 Cummins parked in my driveway one winter when it was -45 out. I had it plugged in, and overnight the fuse for the socket the extension cord was plugged in to blew.

When I came out in the morning, turned the key, and hit the button, the big ole diesel went 'rRWuH', turning over maybe about one millimeter. I could still hear the starter going 'ungh ungh nnNNNnnHHhhhmmMMZzmmfLlznrrRrrNNNHhUgn ungh!', so it had lots of juice.

It was so cold out that the engine oil had gelled up in the oil pan and wouldn't let the crank swing freely enough to turn over....not with the power the starter has anyway.

I had to climb under the truck with a propane torch and heat the oil pan up to warm the oil up sufficiently so that it would turn over.....and you haven't lived until you've heard a 14 Liter 6 cylinder 400 horsepower diesel with 1400 lb/ft of torque fire up in fifty below weather when it hasn't even been plugged in.

It sounds like 10,000 rod bearings gone bad at the same time. lol

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
my 6.7 didnt sound very nice in this weather. it wasnt plugged in either. let the intake heater cycle. gear red. starter... WHAH wawawawwa cranks howls groans sounds like its gonna die the kicks up rpms turbo spools, turn on exhaust brake and let that sucka warm up while i go back inside

1 - 11 of 11 Posts