Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Well you know our (Beau and myself) experiences locally. We both (on different days) went from a dynojet with the same operator to a mustangdyno with the same operator (but different from the dynojet guy).

On our respective base pulls on the mustangdyno (no tuning, no change in previous power levels from the dynojet), we both showed a 20% drop in rwhp numbers. Remember Beau was running different boost levels with a different sized turbo from our car, but still the math was 20% less for both of us.

Also on BJ's car, think his new rwtq from Wes (mustangdyno) recently was 500 and rwhp maybe 615. He ran a 10.3 at 137, on DR's, no traction, launching from idle. That's a 9s full weight daily driver car, with that trap, on the right tires, with Wes's 500 lbs rear torque.

That's one reason I don't put rwhp numbers in the sig. Really don't care. My 600 may be your 720 etc etc. Only number I care about is ET. If our car hits 9.3 next time out, I don't care if the dynosheet reads 200 rwhp...lol

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
to answer your question... specifically! LOL!

320/291 Wes

364/342 Cody

about 15ish...

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I wonder whether the ~15% or... the 20% that Beau and I experienced, are constants or whether the number disparity between the two dynos changes at different power levels?

Regardless Kenneth, you been back to the track with that power and when are you going...maybe last night???

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
My dyno #'s showed a 28% loss, but I later found out that the mustangdyno I was on was not calibrated right. It was showing -18 ft lbs with nothing on it, which meant I had to make 18 ft lbs to bring it back to 0. Anyone know roughly how much that would have changed my #'s?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.