Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I like boobs!!!
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've never had any of my vehicles on a dyno before but I've seen a lot of talk on the forum about Mustang Dynos and other types of dynos. Can someone explain to me what the difference is? I'm thinking of getting my car dynoed just for shits and giggles and would like to know. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
The mustang dyno is supposed to read the closest to actual numbers. I think i read that they read 10% lower than dynojets but are the most accurate. I know from personal experience, from having operated one, that they calculate load, vehicle weight, temperature, barometric pressure, and a few other things to give their readings (Other dynos might but mustang is the only one im familiar with). You can also run the 1/4 and its supposed to be accurate up to a .10 of a second as if you were to run at the track.

Reps? Jk..... kinda:shiftyeyes

·
I like boobs!!!
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Repped

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Besides being a loaded dyno, I've read that Mustang Dynos only have SAE correction while Dynojet operators have a choice between STD and SAE corrections. Because of different baselines STD will always show higher horsepower than SAE. The Dynojet operator can tell you both sets of numbers. The general rule of thumb is that STD is 4% higher. Mine was 3.3% higher on the exact same pull. Some have said that on their cars STD was 7% higher. I have also read that there are loaded and unloaded Dynojets. Loaded Dynojets using SAE correction have results similar to Mustang Dynos.

I have had my car dynoed four times on three separate dynos. One Mustang Dyno and two Dynojets. When looking at SAE corrected numbers the results were all very similar.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Pretty sure they incorporate the air resistance and vehicle weight into the "load", which is why they read lowers then Dynojet's, Dynamics, & etc.

·
I like boobs!!!
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I'll be using a loaded Mustang dyno

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
why is it called a mustang dyno

·
I like boobs!!!
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Oh wow. so much new info here. never would have thought that lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mustang dyno is all i use when tuning. If i want big numbers use a dyno jet. But a mustang dyno is more like real road dyno where dyno jet is not. I dont care about HP numbers as long as it keeps running 10s idk if she puts down 200 rwhp lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts