Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
best is about what you personally like. the power differences are minimal.

Check out our section on exhaust.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
there are 3 proven ways to go on this
1. magnaflow magnapacks
2. mac flowpaths
3. flowmaster 40 series
(in that order :p)

then you have the issue of shorty headers and long tube headers....go for the long tubes if you do anything.

midpipe is personal prefference (most prefer off road meaning no catalytic converters) in H, X, or whats called a prochamber

by all means go for an aftermarket system though...you wont regret it! :D

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
if you get a offroad midpipe with a catback its gonna be really loud if thats what your looking for... upr offroad midpipe with flowmaster 40 catback is what i have and it is really loud i love it

·
Registered
336 Posts
if you wanna go the cheap route just cut your mufflers off. free upgraded exhaust :D just go after it with a hacksaw or air cutting tool. that is what i did and had it that way for about a year till i could afford a better exhaust

·
Registered
191 Posts
any off road x pipe with either Magnapacks or SLP Loudmouth 2. I have the SLP's and i love them. The magnapacks are awesome too. This type of setup will make your car sound raspy though, if you like that.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I just put a mac catback on my GT last week and sounds awesome. I wanna get an off road h pipe but don't wanna mess with that in California so i'm running a stock midpipe, for now.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
PLEASE no more exhuast threads!!!!!!!!

its all what soud you like.

Please lock this thing..I don't want to be an ass but really!?!?

welcome to the site!

·
Registered
156 Posts
i have the prochamber and bassani catback, but everyone says the prochamber is best paired with mac flowpaths. i had a bassani o/r x but it was too raspy and sounded like an 18-wheeler when i down shifted so i opted for the prochamber and i like it better. im also going to change from the bassani catback to mac flowpaths soon as i find a good deal on but yeah on another note, there are probably hundreds of exhaust threads and like Scott2001GT said its all about what sound you like. go to youtube and look for exhaust vids, there are litterally thousands with every setup you can think of. :2cents

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
wow a exhaust thread.. how exciting.

go on youtube and search up your car.
don't say anything until you've searched your questions.
and we have a thing called stickys on this site.
Sorry for being a ass.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
+1 its all about preference, they all make roughly the same power, the only one proven to slow you down by .1-.2 tenths in the quarter is LM1's. any way you go its better than the screaming v-tech sound of "todays hot rods" lol

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
I have heard of several people with this problem...they blamed it on the lack of back pressure...now whether their experience means its "proven" is up to you lol

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts