Modded Mustang Forums banner

Mustang GTR?

20K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  drazga97 
#1 ·
I ran across what looked exactly like a mustang GT today but had the red R under the GT badge and said "High Performance". This was brand new just off the lot with dealership plates on it so I assume it was a stock 2008 model. I am just curious what the difference is between the GT and the GTR performance and looks wise?

#6 ·
#9 ·
there IS a concept -05-08 GT R but I was unaware of it on the market.

http://www.carchaos.com/ford_mustang/gtr2005/gtr2005_front.jpg
I have seen these photos too but this did not look like that. It was basically a 2008 GT with minor exterior styling differences and the badges from what I could tell and I did not get close enough to look in the interior. He parked it all the way in the parking lot next to the book store at a kohls that was closed and empty so he was very worried about people messing with it.

#7 ·
No I have seen the ricer GTR badges generally from nissans this was definately OEM it had the R on the fenders under the GT and on the trunk. It also had the larger shaker hood scoop and chrome tailight bezels. Under the badges on the trunk it also had another badge that said High Performance. This thing was brand spanking new some guy from the dealership was driving it and he parked to go into the book store and I checked it out. I also noticed something under the back end that looked like a cobra design of some sort on some suspension piece or skid plate under the axle. I have searched the web images and articles and cannot find any info or pics that match it though?

#13 ·
yeah.. i call :bs.. there are so many mustangs being driven by ppl who don't know mustangs and just take whatever they are told about it like it's the gospel.. back when i was looking for an 8cyl when i was getting rid of my sixer, it was at least once a day i ran into a "faked" up mustang.. i.e. an old guy selling a "special edition" ford mustang gt (this thing was all stock.. he had tons of pictures) with fairly low miles with "320 HORSEPOWER FROM THE FACTORY!!!1!!!1!!!11" i tried to tell him about it, and he didn't believe me. there was also a guy at a dealership trying to tell me that a higher mileage 99 GT came with "300 HP at the flywheel from the factory" and exhaust that "sounds like a cobra" and an "amazing rear that kept it planted in the curvier of roads".. i immediately schooled him and he then changed his tune of talking to me like I don't know mustangs, and I left. Then, just this last weekend, there was a stock looking s197 GT at a car show. it was the lighter silver/grey color, with the darker grey stripes across the hood roof and decklid with custom rocker panel stripes that said in a very large font "GT-350 R"... that's why i take all these badged and decal'd up stangs with a grain of salt unless it is very clear

#15 · (Edited)
yeah.. i call :bs.. there are so many mustangs being driven by ppl who don't know mustangs and just take whatever they are told about it like it's the gospel.. back when i was looking for an 8cyl when i was getting rid of my sixer, it was at least once a day i ran into a "faked" up mustang.. i.e. an old guy selling a "special edition" ford mustang gt (this thing was all stock.. he had tons of pictures) with fairly low miles with "320 HORSEPOWER FROM THE FACTORY!!!1!!!1!!!11" i tried to tell him about it, and he didn't believe me. there was also a guy at a dealership trying to tell me that a higher mileage 99 GT came with "300 HP at the flywheel from the factory" and exhaust that "sounds like a cobra" and an "amazing rear that kept it planted in the curvier of roads".. i immediately schooled him and he then changed his tune of talking to me like I don't know mustangs, and I left. Then, just this last weekend, there was a stock looking s197 GT at a car show. it was the lighter silver/grey color, with the darker grey stripes across the hood roof and decklid with custom rocker panel stripes that said in a very large font "GT-350 R"... that's why i take all these badged and decal'd up stangs with a grain of salt unless it is very clear
you mean like this guy :D

I had a friend, one time, call me from a dealership telling me there was a '99 Cobra for sale that I should go look at. He said the salesman said it was supercharged and everything. So I get to the lot and ask what kind of supercharger is under the hood. The salesman says "Ford...":eek:. I tell him that Ford has never made a blower (that I'm aware of) and the only mustang to come with a blower from Ford is the 03-04 Cobra (this was before the GT500). The salesman swears up and down that there is a blower. So I ask to see under the hood and he grabs the keys and opens it up. Within seconds I can see that there is no blower. So, playing dumb, I ask where it is. He points at a piece of equipment and says right there. I very politely respond "That's the alternator..." He then starts frantically looking for a blower that doesn't exist. I let him search for a couple minutes and then explain to him that there is no blower, if there was one, you would know. He looked very embarassed, so me and my friend just took off... but not before driving it of course:3gears:D

#21 ·
dude the tool in that video that was just hillarios i almost cried omg a rotary mustang hahaha!!!!1!!!1!!!111 with pistons!! ha and a stock turbo doing 11s haha i have to say best video ever

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.