Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few times a week when I go to start my car the ACC will turn on but when I turn the key all the way forward I get nothing, I let it sit for minute( sometimes one ,sometimes 30) then the car will start right up, it usually happens when I stop to get gas. I'm stumped as to why it does this and how I can fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
Sounds to me like your starter is trying to go poop on you. Does everything cut out when you turn the key forward, or is it just the engine not doing anything?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nothing happens no sounds nothing, the air bag, theft light, battery light, and SES light are on while I turn the key all the way forward. It doesn't happen every time i try to start it just a few times a week, it's a real pain.

·
Registered
113 Posts
it mite be the ignition switch call the dealer and check for recall stuff u mite get a freebe out of this just give them vin# hope this helps

Reactions: Seabee

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
I'd guess the ignition switch, clutch switch, or starter solenoid. Try bumping the clutch about 1" off the floor and back while starting (in neutral). If that makes it start then its the clutch switch. I had one go bad on my jeep and the symptoms were similar. I turned it into a kill switch instead of the $50+ for a new switch.

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Yeah i has somethin similar with my old vw. Some times it started sometimes nothing. Turned out the ignition switch was goin and worked when ever it felt like it.

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
This could be a large number of things. My friend's Explorer still wouldn't start after they replaced $1000 worth of parts and then they finally figured out that it was the PATS II system.

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
This could be a large number of things. My friend's Explorer still wouldn't start after they replaced $1000 worth of parts and then they finally figured out that it was the PATS II system.
Bummer. To bad they didn't notice the theft light blinking rapidly when they tried to start it! Doh!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts