Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yea this lady decides its ok to go in reverse at a stop signal in her jeep and ram into the front of my car.. destroying my hood, and needing a replacement on my grill now too.

http://img815.imageshack.us/i/mustanghoodcrash1.jpg
http://img593.imageshack.us/i/mustanghoodcrash2.jpg
http://img191.imageshack.us/i/mustanghoodcrash3.jpg

So instead of just going with a stock again... I'm looking into after market hoods.

So far i really like these:

1. Venom Hood (just a little bit pricey)
ford mustang ram air heat extraction fiberglass hood

2. GTS-3 (or 4) HOOD
ford mustang ram air heat extraction fiberglass hood

3. 05-09 GT-500 Type IV Ram Air Hood
Larger view

Now i dont see much of a difference from venom to the gts-3/4. But i do see the slight different in the cirvini compared to these two. Does the cirvini intakes have any grill like the venom/gts? Without it i think wouldnt look very good and cheap.

Now my next question is though, with cirvini they can send it out painted which is nice, because they are the creators of there own parts, and if i go with one of the other two i dont know how much ill be paying for paint.

In total the ladies insurance will have to cover 1,580 of parts cost (hood, Hinges, and front grill) then they estimate another 1500 in labor costs, so once i get the insurance estimate on monday im betting ill be getting any where from 2500,-3000 back.

Cant use that all on fun stuff though because that labor work adds up it looks like. However with the first two quotes I've gotton, it looks like paint was already applied for what would be needed for the "Stock hood" ???? So maybe thats already covered?

Any one guesstimate how much one of those hoods above would cost.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
None of the above. There's a tungsten gray V6 S197 running around town here with the Ram Air Hood, and a near complete "Eleanor" kit on his car and I consider it down right ricey. It looks okay...but then you hear him rev and you're just like...wow dude...No. Replace your stock hood, and take the money you saved and put it into some stuff like new wheels and tires, lowering springs, and other stuff to make your car look aggressive. Ram air hoods don't belong on much except Shelby's IMO.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eh true... Yea def doesnt sound like a v8 haha. I put a flow master on it, does give it some sound, i just love the look of that hood.

If i was to go stock however, how much would a nice set of black rims/tires run me?

Oh also! Forgot to add in my Q about the grill.
Since I'd like to get a billet grill, I'd like to get one with fog lights, but the current grill on it has to be replaced and dont most grills "snap on" the original or somthing? Confused there

·
Registered
19 Posts
Eh true... Yea def doesnt sound like a v8 haha. I put a flow master on it, does give it some sound, i just love the look of that hood.

If i was to go stock however, how much would a nice set of black rims/tires run me?

Oh also! Forgot to add in my Q about the grill.
Since I'd like to get a billet grill, I'd like to get one with fog lights, but the current grill on it has to be replaced and dont most grills "snap on" the original or somthing? Confused there
get hood you like most... my v6 sounds way better then GTs, just get true dual exhaust with long tube headers your good to go!

Also imo if your getting sick ass hood you got to get sick ass front bumper and grill

I just recently got:

2005-09 Roush Mustang 427R Trak Pak Billet Grill - Black

2005-09 Mustang GT Roush Painted Fascia Kits

and man do I love it!

Edit: Yea if you need a new grill make sure when you buy the product it says its replacing your orignal grill and not just adding it on. When its addon grill all it is a grill that goes in front of your stock one... Like if you look at americanmusle all there grills are addons well at least for 05-09 year.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Both of those hoods are the ugly sir... Please love your car and don't do it!

And, uh, lets be honest.... Not many v6 cars can say they sound better than a gt....

·
Registered
316 Posts
instead of getting a hood did you consider getting a new front fascia because i would love if someone ruined my front end just as an excuse to get a new front bumper cover. I like the parnelli jones saleen bumper and the gt cs front bumper alot but theyre so damn expensive. I dont know if youve looked into it but the stock gt500 hoods are pretty nice and if i ever had to get a hood i would want to get one of those theyre alot nicer than the stock but theyre still subtle. I cant find one on sale for you but im talking about this one

·
Registered
584 Posts
The first and third hood you posted are for a GT500 fascia and won't perfectly line up with the V6 front.

I like a 2.5in cowl, the Cali Dream and the Cervini type IV hoods

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
get hood you like most... my v6 sounds way better then GTs, just get true dual exhaust with long tube headers your good to go!
Let's hear it then hot shot :yes

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
instead of getting a hood did you consider getting a new front fascia because i would love if someone ruined my front end just as an excuse to get a new front bumper cover. I like the parnelli jones saleen bumper and the gt cs front bumper alot but theyre so damn expensive. I dont know if youve looked into it but the stock gt500 hoods are pretty nice and if i ever had to get a hood i would want to get one of those theyre alot nicer than the stock but theyre still subtle. I cant find one on sale for you but im talking about this one

Thats really nice. Yea my bumper is ok though if you look at the photo. It was the jeeps spare tire that did the damage.

Now if i go with this grill
2005-09 Roush Mustang 427R Trak Pak Billet Grill - Black

Is there a way to add on an emblem/fog lamps? My current doesnt have fog lamps but I've been wanting to install some. Also since i have the regular front end, would it look odd with that nice billet on top, then the stock on the bottom???

Also I think I'm going with #2, I dont find it that out rageous looking, even for the v6, it still looks nice, and I'll get some performance out of it to with the heat extracting vents. There wont be any stripes on it either, so will look nice but not flashy hey look at me style.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If i have a little extra c ash left over I may want to get a C.A.I. Anyone recomend some nice ones? Havn't done my H.W there yet.

·
Registered
584 Posts
If i have a little extra c ash left over I may want to get a C.A.I. Anyone recomend some nice ones? Havn't done my H.W there yet.
There's very little difference between CAIs, majority of the gains are from the tune. I personally really like my JLT and the American Muscle 93 race tune is awesome

Don't bother with the non-tune required CAIs or a standalone CAI

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok so go with a CAI/Tune combo???

With the tunes can you really notice a difference in the throttle or fuel econ? Using 87 still?

·
Registered
316 Posts
There's very little difference between CAIs, majority of the gains are from the tune. I personally really like my JLT and the American Muscle 93 race tune is awesome

Don't bother with the non-tune required CAIs or a standalone CAI
I totally agree i did not try any other cai and tuner kits but i have the jlt and it is pretty nice. Its the tuner that makes the difference though and the JLT intake is easy to install and it sounds soo nice. I would reccomend getting the jlt and tuner combo kit from american muscle but pm the rep from there for the discount code beacuse its alot of money. If your looking for non radical changes an intake tuner and exuast are a nice way to go.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I totally agree i did not try any other cai and tuner kits but i have the jlt and it is pretty nice. Its the tuner that makes the difference though and the JLT intake is easy to install and it sounds soo nice. I would reccomend getting the jlt and tuner combo kit from american muscle but pm the rep from there for the discount code beacuse its alot of money. If your looking for non radical changes an intake tuner and exuast are a nice way to go.
Great thank you! Looks like ill be getting me one of them then. I already have a flowmaster on, (single)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
dont get a ram air hood unless your going to change your front bumper. to me they look out of place on a stock v6 cause the v6 bumper is so small. find a gt bumper and grill. i got mine with upper and lower grill for 40 bucks. it just needed to be painted and lightly repaired. and i have the cali dream hood and love it

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
dont get a ram air hood unless your going to change your front bumper. to me they look out of place on a stock v6 cause the v6 bumper is so small. find a gt bumper and grill. i got mine with upper and lower grill for 40 bucks. it just needed to be painted and lightly repaired. and i have the cali dream hood and love it
sick do you have any pics of it??? I wanna see! :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts